I can't make custom widgets in Safari

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by levitynyc, Dec 4, 2008.

1. levitynyc macrumors 65816

I've done it before, but not for a while.

I know how to do it. I click the scissors, highlight what I want to make a widget, then click Add.

For some reason tonight it no longer brings up the dashboard after I click add. I head to the dashboard and the new widget is not there.

Did I do something to my preferences that screwed up my ability to make custom widgets in Safari?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. levitynyc thread starter macrumors 65816

I also clicked the + sign in the dashboard and the "web clip" icon is checked.

I click the webclip option at the bottom and I just get a beep from my speakers.

3. levitynyc thread starter macrumors 65816

Its strange...it works on my Macbook, but not my iMac. Both running leopard and the latest Safari.

I also noticed that on my macbook, the widget looks like a Safari Icon, but on my iMac its black icon with 4 images on it. One it a music, one is a clock, one with an @ symbol, and one with a cloud.

Any ideas?

4. levitynyc thread starter macrumors 65816

If anyone is interested I actually fixed it, but I dont know how it got broken.

I just copied the webclip file from my Macbook and emailed it to myself and downloaded it on my iMac and opened the file and installed it.

It works fine now...weird...