Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

widgetman

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 7, 2004
recently, i havent been able to open xcode. it just crashes while its launching and gives me the "unexpectedly quit" dialog. I just reinstalled the entire developer tools suite (v1.5) and nothing's changed. I am running Application Enhancer and i've made sure that xcode is on the exclude list in all the haxie's settings. has someone here had a similar problem, and if so how did you fix it? :confused:

i cant live without xcode!!
someone help me!

HexMonkey

Administrator emeritus
Feb 5, 2004
New Zealand
Try repairing permissions (/Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility), and delete Xcode's preference file (~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Xcode.plist), as it may have become corrupted.

widgetman

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 7, 2004
did both of the things you said and it still crashes while launching.

do you think i should completely uninstall the dev tools, and then reinstall them?

HexMonkey

Administrator emeritus
Feb 5, 2004
New Zealand
Reinstalling usually doesn't fix problems like this, since the files you install are generally never modified.

Try creating a new user and see if it works there. If it does, then there's a corrupt file somewhere in your main user's Library, in which case you can user trial and error to find it (by moving things in and out of your Library, then launching Xcode).

widgetman

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 7, 2004
thank you so much!!!
i can continue my life now...

it turns out that there was a python xcode plugin that was screwing it up...i cant thank you enough! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.