I can't restore my old 5S right now wtf!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bahroo, Sep 23, 2014.

1. Bahroo macrumors 68000

I can't even restore my old iPhone 5S to iTunes, says contacting server forever, sometimes itll show iOS 8 patch notes then iniate to download, but takes FOREVER to download and fails to download, how can I get around this smh wtf...

2. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

You could always just download the IPSW file ahead of time to see if that helps.

Open iTunes > hold down option key > press restore (it will prompt you to find the ISPW file on your computer > select the ISPW file to restore with > done.

Here's a link where you can download the ISPW file, just go to the section that says "iOS firmware" and select the phone OS you want to download http://www.idownloadblog.com/download/

3. tron049 macrumors newbie

This just happened to me, message saying 'contacting server' staying there.

I then switched the laptop to a 'Personal Hotspot' on my iphone and was instantly connected.

I did read somewhere that some ISP etc were being blocked for some unknown reason.

4. KuchiKopi macrumors regular

KuchiKopi

You expect Apple to cater to people who have terrible internet connections? :rolleyes: See if you can go to a place with faster WiFi... its not hard.

5. Bahroo thread starter macrumors 68000

Uh what are you talking about, I have Verizon Fios 75/75 mbps speeds, that is not terrible at all by any means. it was on Verizon's end as me and many people on Verizon Fios were experiencing this issue at the time, I ended up going to the Apple store and got it restored there, it went by extremely fast as it should. Even the Genius said "I have the same issue too with Fios, and I went to my girlfriends house on Comcast and it went by just fine".