I can't seem to be able to reboot my macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by molivo86, Sep 18, 2010.

1. molivo86 macrumors newbie

I did once before but now I cant seem to be able to reboot it again. I forgot the system administrator password. I also need help removing the login text that comes up when i first turn on my mac. HELP please! :confused:

2. tpg macrumors regular

3. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

What do you mean by "reboot"? If you press down the power button for more than five seconds, you force the computer to shutdown, pressing the button again will start it.
    When the MB boots, what exactly do you see and what "login text" are you referring to? Do you mean the login window where you have to enter your password?

You can reset your Mac OS X Administrator password via the following method:
    Mac OS X: Changing or resetting an account password

Just for kicks:

4. molivo86 thread starter macrumors newbie

thats what isn't working

when i press "command" and "S" it doesn't do anything it simply turns on as usual and asks me for my log in.

and the text im referring to is when the login screen comes up on top of your account info it has text which i was told i can change by going to "terminal" but that isn't working either

5. tpg macrumors regular

I still don't quite follow what you're saying.

1) Do you know your password to be able to log in or not?

2) Is the login screen you are talking about the normal OS X graphical login screen?

3) In what way is the computer not rebooting?