I can't sign in to iTunes or App store

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bosoxnm3, Oct 17, 2011.

1. bosoxnm3 macrumors member

So, my iphone 4s came in today. I bought the find my iphone thing and when i entered in my log-in information, it said to check my email to verify the iphone.

Unfortunately, I have been using an account that my family (probably my little sister and I) set up in the early 2000s. The username is a @sbcglobal.net name. I have no idea how to check this email, so I verified how to verify an account on google. I found the link on Apple's site, and entered in my username and password. I then switched the primary address on it, so that I could access it. I never received an email.

After that whenever I try to sign into itunes or the app store, it says my password is incorrect. I know what my password is; I've been using it for years. Did I somehow change my account?

When I click recover password, it says that you can recover password either by sending an email to your address. I did that...still no email. I did the security question route, and it asked me to input the account holder's birthday. I entered in all the birthdays of my family member's and none of them work.

Does anyone have any idea what happened?

2. exegete77 macrumors 6502a

My access to the App Store (through the link in the Dock) is also denied. I can access it through iTunes and through Safari And iPhone (not iOS 5), but can’t get the docked item to do so. My email exchange with Apple “Support” has been useless.

3. IC3D macrumors regular

IC3D

I had a similar issue, somehow I updated my userid to an email address of mine, removing my original appleid that I was using. I want my appleid back :T