I can't sync application into my iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by whatever111, Feb 28, 2009.

1. whatever111 macrumors newbie

Hi, I'm a new iphone user. As what the title stated, I can't sync my downloaded application into iphone. Iphone show that it's syncing but no new application show up in my iphone after syncing. I can sync music and video without any problem though. I have an Iphone with firmware 2.0.1 and it's activated in singapore which is not the country I live in. I've also read a lot of other thread regarding the solution to this problem but none help so I hope that any senior user in here can help me to solve this problem. Thnx in advance.:)

2. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

You should really upgrade to 2.2.1. If you want to unlock you should upgrade to 2.2. It fixes many bugs in previous firmware versions like in 2.0.1. It may fix the problem. Otherwise, I assume you have made sure you have the boxes to sync applications, songs and videos selected, correct?

David

3. whatever111 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ya. I have tick sync all applications. Actually i'm scared that by updating it will relock my phone. Since I'm a noob in this kind of stuff and if anything should happen to my iphone I have to send it back to Singapore to have it repair (I am a Malaysian) which will be very troublesome so I try to avoid updating if I can. Is there any other way? If I have no choice then I will try to update

4. whatever111 thread starter macrumors newbie

I think the problem was with the authorization of my computer. I have already authorize my laptop but I can't transfer purchases into itunes library. It said that some of my application are not auhtorized to play in the computer. So I guess this is the problem I can't sync application into iphone. However, I don't know how to solve this problem so any help will be much appreciated. Thank you.:)

5. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

If you do send it to Singapore, make sure you update. Unlocked or jailbroken iPhones have a voided warranty. If you restore then all evidence of previous jailbreaking or unlocking will be cleared. You will, of course, have to put the original SIM card in though. Updating to any of the firmwares between 2.0 and 2.2.1 will lock the iPhone because they modify the baseband which is what gets modified during the unlocking process. The current 2.2.1 baseband has not been cracked by the iPhone Dev Team so you can't unlock on 2.2.1.

David

6. The503Local macrumors newbie

Check Your Settings.

I was having this Problem With My new 3g s, and not wanting to Sync My Apps through my I tunes, the Apps were all grayed out. I went in to my Settings under General and then into the Restrictions. My Installing Apps was OFF, I just clicked it on and was able to Sync My apps.