I can't uninstall iLike from iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by hermex, Apr 6, 2008.

1. hermex macrumors newbie

So iLike installed this big, hideous sidebar in iTunes. On the iLike website they say to delete the ilike.bundle file from library/itunes/itunes plugins/

Problem is, it's not in there! In fact, there is nothing in there. I even tried throwing away the whole plugins folder, and ilike is still there. I tried reinstalling iTunes, iLike is still there.

I tried reinstalling iLike to hunt down the offending file. I searched, and found ilike.bundle in my TRASH folder. Huh? Otherwise, all searches come up empty. The sidebar is STILL attached to my iTunes, yet there is no trace of it in my system. How is this possible?

2. soulrevel macrumors newbie

ilike seems uninstallable

I've had the same problem for sometime now... did you ever find a solution? Ilike makes my mac run crazy slow whenever itunes is open.

3. djgatee macrumors newbie

The ilike.bundle file is not placed in the system library but in the user library.
    Open Finder, locate your home (it is normally under Desktop, labeled with your user name), open library, open iTunes, open iTunes Pug-ins and here you are.

4. paintitblack macrumors newbie

@ djgatee THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU Thank youuu!!! I love you — I mean, ahem —*I've been looking for that effing iLike source file since I downloaded July 1, 2009!! I never even fully opened it, noticing the instant massive lag in my system D:

Again, thank you.

I love forums and the people of the interweb.