Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tsnyder

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2010
I started using my macbook pro with an external monitor in mirror mode...but I can't seem to unplug the power when I'm in this state...it automatically goes to sleep.

I want to be able to unplug my laptop when its fully charged since its recommended to do so to preserve the battery life...but it doesn't seem like I can when using it this way. Any tips? Or is it really not that big of a deal to unplug your battery every time it's fully charged. Are Apply batteries doomed to poop out eventually no matter what? I suppose turning it off at the end of work day could recoup damage? Help!

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Yes, batteries will poop out eventually regardless

You are only recommended to discharge once a month if you leave it plugged in all of the time

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I want to be able to unplug my laptop when its fully charged since its recommended to do so to preserve the battery life...
There is no such recommendation. It's not necessary to unplug when the batteries are fully charged, as they will not overcharge.

This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions: Apple Notebook Battery FAQ

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.