I can't update apps anymore...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by S13eric, Jun 3, 2012.

1. S13eric macrumors newbie

My friend singed into my account a while ago to give me some apps he payed for. Now, about a month later, whenever I try to update ANY app it will show his email and ask for his password. I'm still singed in as me, and can purchase or get any app from my history, but cannot update them. All of his apps are deleted on my iPad, and I cannot find any way to solve this.

Help? :eek:

2. Rodster macrumors 68040

Can you still buy apps thru iTunes?

----------

Check settings, Store, Apple ID. Check that it's your ID and not your friends.

3. Redjericho macrumors 6502a

Sorry bro, that's the price of pirating.

I had the same problem a while ago on my iPad 1, and I searched high and low for an answer, but I could not find one.

However, it seemed to fix it self, unfortunately, it was maybe 3(?) months until the happened.

4. S13eric thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't think this is pirating XD

But thanks jericho, this is rather unfortunate....

5. Nightarchaon macrumors 65816

Nightarchaon

Your friend logged in with HIS account and downloaded the software to YOUR machine, that , is piracy, YOU did not pay for the software, YOU do not own the software, the license is for your friend , to install on HIS machines, for use with HIS account.

Piracy is using software you didn't pay for, and don't own. It doesn't matter how you acquire it, just because your friend installed it, rather than you getting it from a torrent site, doesn't mean its suddenly legal.

6. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Simple enough to solve, just purchase the missing apps on your own iTunes account.

7. MattWeed9 macrumors member

MattWeed9

I would imagine a restore would work as well.

8. foranor macrumors regular

This has nothing to do with pirating.

The same thing will happen if you use an apple ID for a different country to purchase apps from that store and I doubt you call that piracy.

The issue is that the apps your friend installed on your iPad now require an update and it blocks the update for other apps.

You will need to get rid of the app your friend installed again, or update one program after the other individually instead of updating all.

The only way to keep the app would be to (more or less regularly) let your friend sign in on your device and updatet he app.

9. TheWheelMan macrumors 6502a

TheWheelMan

Don't know if the intent here was piracy, but just because another legitimate situation can produce the same problem, it doesn't make this particular case not possible piracy. If he bought the apps specifically for his friend, he should have bought them through his friend's account and this situation is unfortunate. If he was "sharing" apps purchased for his owns uses with his friend, then technically speaking, that was piracy.

10. Rodster macrumors 68040

This situation is similar to Sony and "Game Share" which they clamped down on. The orginal idea was good but individuals started buying digital download games and give their friends a copy. Originally it was 5 shares per game and last I read it was just 1 share and some gamers got their Sony account banned because of abuse and that fine line of piracy.

11. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Perfect explanation.

12. Dima470 macrumors regular

Dima470

it is actually that package that comes with installous that causes this..... Appsync if i'm not mistaken is the cause

13. Redjericho macrumors 6502a

Guys, it's obvious he didnt know he was pirating, now how about we wave a finger at him, tell him not to do it again, and then help him with his problem?