I can't upgrade iDVD to '09! Help me please :(

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by davidg4781, May 26, 2009.

1. davidg4781 macrumors 68020

I just purchased iLife '09 and did the upgrade Sunday before going to sleep. I had free time today so I decided to check it out. iPhoto, iMovie, and iWeb installed fine, but when I opened iDVD, there weren't any new themes. I checked the About iDVD and it said it's still 7.0.3. All the other iLife programs are 8.X and came with new features. Did it not take the upgrade or was there a very minor upgrade?

So far, I have tried reupgrading using the iLife disc. I also dragged the iDVD program to the trash, emptied the trash, restarted, and tried reinstalling again. When I do this, though, it says 0 bytes will be installed.

Does anyone have any ideas? I won't be able to call Apple until Thursday, so I'm hoping someone can help me.

Oh, and I didn't install Garage Band, but I don't think that should affect this.

2. smurfjammer macrumors 6502a

smurfjammer

iDVD wasn't upgraded in iLife '09, it's the same as iLife '08. 7.03 is the latest version.

3. davidg4781 thread starter macrumors 68020

Aww, seriously? I bought this because I'm making home movies and was hoping for some cool new features or themes. How sad.

4. smurfjammer macrumors 6502a

smurfjammer

Sure are, the iLife '09 package was the worst release yet...

5. davidg4781 thread starter macrumors 68020

They could have at least given us a new theme or something.

Can you buy anymore themes? It'd be nice to add some to there.