I Can't Upgrade to 10.7.4?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Zarkizon, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Zarkizon, Jun 20, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2012

Zarkizon macrumors member

Sep 10, 2011
    UPDATE: I'm not exactly sure what I did, but I did a Shut Down and a message popped up that said I had some updates to install. When I logged in, I was running 10.7.4! Problem solved?

I recently installed a third party SSD in my MacBook (not sure if that would affect this). So I used Lion Recovery Disk Assistant off of a flash drive and brought it up to 10.7.3. I noticed that the 10.7.4 update doesn't even show up in Software Update. So I download both the client and combo update, and neither will let me update! It says, "Mac OS X Update Combined can't be installed on this disk. This volume does not meet the requirements for this update."

I was thinking it may have been because of the SSD I just installed, but I'm not sure. Does anyone have any suggestions?
  2. Hugh macrumors 6502a

Feb 9, 2003
    Erie, PA
    Can you show a screen shot of your 'About This Mac'? I'm just wondering if you are already 10.7.4.

3. Zarkizon thread starter macrumors member

Sep 10, 2011
    I've attached the image of the About This Mac. It's definitely running 10.7.3. I've also attached the image of the error message I'm getting when I try installing the 10.7.4 update.

Attached Files:

4. chrfr macrumors 603

Jul 11, 2009
    If you redownload Lion from the App Store it'll be 10.7.4, and maybe that will install.
  5. offmarc macrumors newbie

Jul 25, 2012
    developer seed

maybe you have a developer seed of 10.7.3 installed....
    Just install the proper one from below and then 10.7.4 and you should be fine...
    good luck!