i+case?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by AppleBoyFreak, Jan 16, 2012.

1. AppleBoyFreak macrumors 6502

So, I'm looking for a nice aluminum iPhone 4S case and found the I+case but I don't know where to buy one and would be very happy if someone can link me to the thread that was started on here earlier because I can't find it. Thank you very much! Also, any suggestions for other aluminum cases would be appreciated.

2. SCARY GAY DAD macrumors 6502

SCARY GAY DAD

They've also just started "officially" selling the case here a few ago:

http://www.ipluscase.com/index.php/shop

Don't know why it was sold on Amazon long before then. Regardless, the makers of the case are total dicks. So much so that even though I wasn't a backer, I recommend everyone to not buy one just to spite them. I really hope these guys go under.

Check out the comments here and you'll see what I mean:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1791911961/i-case-iphone-4s-and-iphone-4-bumper-case/comments

3. Munkypoo7 macrumors 6502

Munkypoo7

^This, tenfold.

Even I almost backed these fools just to get an early case... glad I didn't. To actually believe they still consider the attenuation to not be an issue, that only "some may have it" is utterly insane.

4. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

I'm in utter awe that people will fork over $75-$100 (half of what I paid for the phone itself) for no more than a thin piece of metal.

What credibility do these people have in making cases? Sounds like it was a huge fail and it's too bad for people who "backed" this case...

I'll stick to my sub-thirty-dollar otterbox that is probably everything this case is not. sheesh!

5. AppleBoyFreak thread starter macrumors 6502

Some people have money and want something that compliments the phone. I am one of those people. I mean I payed $200 for the 4S so why not pay another $100 for a good case? Anyways, after seeing how sketchy their website is I decided not to go with this case. Bummer.

6. AlanShutko macrumors 6502a

Here's a writeup from one of the funders.

Biggest thing for me is that it will destroy your signal strength.

7. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

Yeah, I suppose... I mean, I've got money for something like this but I don't really need anything to "compliment" my device. I guess I don't have the female mindset when it comes to my iPhone. My device is not a pair of shoes and a case is not a purse made to compliment it. It's a device (i.e. "A thing made or adapted for a particular task"). It's a killer device -- don't get me wrong, and because of that I like to protect it... but I just can't justify spending half of the cost of the device in a flashy accessory (that may or may not serve any purpose other than to look good) for it. It's like buying a $20,000 car and putting $10,000 rims on it...

Maybe, just maybe, if I were intending to keep it for a long long time and the case were some proven piece that would last forever and keep it in pristine condition, I may consider it... but then again, I have the money and fully intend to retire my 4s and get the iPhone 5 (or whatever they will call it) whenever it comes out. I don't intend to keep any future phone for more than a year.

8. SCARY GAY DAD, Jan 16, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2012

SCARY GAY DAD macrumors 6502

SCARY GAY DAD

I was actually one of the few who bought the case on Amazon BEFORE all the cases were shipped out to the backers (which is another huge dick-ish move on their part). I'm glad Amazon has a return policy so was able to return the i+Case.

Just reading the comments on the kickstarter page makes upset. They are unethical douchebags.

9. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

it's too bad. And you know what'll probably happen? They'll close shop and re-open under a new name...

10. guccigucci88 macrumors 6502a

guccigucci88

I don't really want to go through the comments. can someone summarize what these guys did and what the problem is? im just curious.

11. SCARY GAY DAD macrumors 6502

SCARY GAY DAD

Read here:

12. guccigucci88 macrumors 6502a

guccigucci88

thanks nice gay dad!