I caved.....

Discussion in 'iMac' started by IGregory, Aug 19, 2012.

1. IGregory macrumors 6502a

Aug 5, 2012
    Hi All,

First, I want to apologize to a couple of commenters, user names I can’t remember, for being overly critical of them for not being able to wait for the release of the new Imac. I’ve been patiently waiting since February when I decided to go with an Imac to replace my desktop PC.

Well, Yesterday (Saturday) I caved and bought the MBPR 2.6/8/512, Mountain Lion Pre-installed. I’ve made many trips to the Lenox Square Mall Apple Store in Atlanta, GA, since the release of the MBPR. I really enjoyed the experience of trying out the MBPR each time I went there. I made the decision to buy the MBPR because for me there are no negative reasons not too. Yes, the real estate is a lot less, but at some point, if I find the need to for more screen space; I will purchase an external display. Now, I have the advantage of having the ability to take a powerful machine on the road and to move it around in my house. I was considering an IPAD as a companion to an Imac, now I won’t need it. I still plan on replacing my Samsung GSII smart phone with an IPhone when my contract expires next year. I’ve had the MBPR less than 24 hours but I am relieved and content with the purchase. So far (fingers crossed) I have not found anything wrong with it. :)
  2. \-V-/ Suspended

May 3, 2012
    Grats on your new purchase. It's a great machine. You can always buy a big display if you need it.
  3. Puevlo macrumors 6502a

Oct 21, 2011
    This is the worst thing that you could have done.
  4. maflynn Moderator

Staff Member

May 3, 2009
    Its a solid machine, congrats and enjoy your new baby :D
  5. Lancer macrumors 68020

Jul 22, 2002
    Congrats on your new MBPr, I've been waiting over a year to get my iMac, first I couldn't afford one 12 months ago but now I finally can.

That said I might need to get a new LCD for my G5 PowerMac soon as the one I have has developed lines on the screen, yes I've tested it its not the video card or lead.

So I might get a new 24" LCD which is a little bigger than my current one to tide me over but I'm not sure if I should wait and see what happens Sept 12?
  6. Liquinn Suspended

Apr 10, 2011
    If you bought a Macbook Pro; why's this in the iMac part of the forum?
  7. iHailCarlo macrumors 6502

Aug 10, 2012
    lol!!! Anyway enjoy your purchase.
  8. boy-better-know macrumors 65816

Jun 30, 2010
    Likewise, I was also waiting for an iMac refresh for a long time and went ahead and bought a rMBP. I absolutely love it and I am still planning on buying an iMac once it has been fully redesigned. Or maybe I would be tempted to get a retina thunderbolt display should Apple release one. Let's see what happens!
  9. wiznet macrumors regular

May 30, 2012
    Did the same thing as you man! Mind you, I waited longer for the imac.

Mine's a 2.6/16/512, and I absolutely love it. Congrats for joining the club;)
  10. Dowjohnny macrumors 6502

Jul 5, 2011
    congrats on your purchase :) I would love to have a rMBP but i just can't justify ... love my air too much ;)
  11. Tankmaze macrumors 68000

Mar 7, 2012
    Congrats!! At least it's the rmbp. I remember a post where he/she bought a mini instead, which is essentially the same as the current imac.
  12. forty2j macrumors 68030

Jul 11, 2008
    I've heard the siren call of the rMBP several times. That screen is just sooo pretty.

Ultimately the portability means nothing to me. I just need a desk ornament. And dpi aside, the rMBP has less horsepower than the 2011 iMac.

I hope you enjoy your purchase. I also hope everyone is critically analyzing their needs and making choices appropriately.
  13. IGregory thread starter macrumors 6502a

Aug 5, 2012
    Well, I don't think it makes a difference where this comment is posted. It fits here just as easily as in the MacBook forum. My post relate to both.

Thanks gentlemen.
  14. Dirtyharry50 macrumors 68000

May 17, 2012
    Glad to hear you got a shiny new Apple you like. Congratulations and enjoy your new toy! :D