Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

I caved.....

IGregory

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 5, 2012
Hi All,

First, I want to apologize to a couple of commenters, user names I can’t remember, for being overly critical of them for not being able to wait for the release of the new Imac. I’ve been patiently waiting since February when I decided to go with an Imac to replace my desktop PC.

Well, Yesterday (Saturday) I caved and bought the MBPR 2.6/8/512, Mountain Lion Pre-installed. I’ve made many trips to the Lenox Square Mall Apple Store in Atlanta, GA, since the release of the MBPR. I really enjoyed the experience of trying out the MBPR each time I went there. I made the decision to buy the MBPR because for me there are no negative reasons not too. Yes, the real estate is a lot less, but at some point, if I find the need to for more screen space; I will purchase an external display. Now, I have the advantage of having the ability to take a powerful machine on the road and to move it around in my house. I was considering an IPAD as a companion to an Imac, now I won’t need it. I still plan on replacing my Samsung GSII smart phone with an IPhone when my contract expires next year. I’ve had the MBPR less than 24 hours but I am relieved and content with the purchase. So far (fingers crossed) I have not found anything wrong with it. :)

\-V-/

Suspended
May 3, 2012
Grats on your new purchase. It's a great machine. You can always buy a big display if you need it.

Comment

Lancer

macrumors 68020
Jul 22, 2002
Australia
Congrats on your new MBPr, I've been waiting over a year to get my iMac, first I couldn't afford one 12 months ago but now I finally can.

That said I might need to get a new LCD for my G5 PowerMac soon as the one I have has developed lines on the screen, yes I've tested it its not the video card or lead.

So I might get a new 24" LCD which is a little bigger than my current one to tide me over but I'm not sure if I should wait and see what happens Sept 12?

Comment

boy-better-know

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2010
England
Hi All,

First, I want to apologize to a couple of commenters, user names I can’t remember, for being overly critical of them for not being able to wait for the release of the new Imac. I’ve been patiently waiting since February when I decided to go with an Imac to replace my desktop PC.

Well, Yesterday (Saturday) I caved and bought the MBPR 2.6/8/512, Mountain Lion Pre-installed. I’ve made many trips to the Lenox Square Mall Apple Store in Atlanta, GA, since the release of the MBPR. I really enjoyed the experience of trying out the MBPR each time I went there. I made the decision to buy the MBPR because for me there are no negative reasons not too. Yes, the real estate is a lot less, but at some point, if I find the need to for more screen space; I will purchase an external display. Now, I have the advantage of having the ability to take a powerful machine on the road and to move it around in my house. I was considering an IPAD as a companion to an Imac, now I won’t need it. I still plan on replacing my Samsung GSII smart phone with an IPhone when my contract expires next year. I’ve had the MBPR less than 24 hours but I am relieved and content with the purchase. So far (fingers crossed) I have not found anything wrong with it. :)
Likewise, I was also waiting for an iMac refresh for a long time and went ahead and bought a rMBP. I absolutely love it and I am still planning on buying an iMac once it has been fully redesigned. Or maybe I would be tempted to get a retina thunderbolt display should Apple release one. Let's see what happens!

Comment

wiznet

macrumors regular
May 30, 2012
Canada
Did the same thing as you man! Mind you, I waited longer for the imac.

Mine's a 2.6/16/512, and I absolutely love it. Congrats for joining the club;)

Comment

Dowjohnny

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2011
Germany
congrats on your purchase :) I would love to have a rMBP but i just can't justify ... love my air too much ;)

Comment

Tankmaze

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2012
Congrats!! At least it's the rmbp. I remember a post where he/she bought a mini instead, which is essentially the same as the current imac.

Comment

forty2j

macrumors 68030
Jul 11, 2008
NJ
I've heard the siren call of the rMBP several times. That screen is just sooo pretty.

Ultimately the portability means nothing to me. I just need a desk ornament. And dpi aside, the rMBP has less horsepower than the 2011 iMac.

I hope you enjoy your purchase. I also hope everyone is critically analyzing their needs and making choices appropriately.

Comment

IGregory

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 5, 2012
If you bought a Macbook Pro; why's this in the iMac part of the forum?

Well, I don't think it makes a difference where this comment is posted. It fits here just as easily as in the MacBook forum. My post relate to both.

Thanks gentlemen.

Comment

Dirtyharry50

macrumors 68000
May 17, 2012
Glad to hear you got a shiny new Apple you like. Congratulations and enjoy your new toy! :D

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.