I changed my mind. I really like the new Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AdonisSMU, Oct 28, 2016.

1. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

The price is still high but I need a computer that I can use for several years. Apple makes the best laptop computers right now. MSFT Surface Book isn't even close TBQH. A Linux bandaid simply doesn't cut it for me. Additionally, I like to do iOS development as well. Linux does not support this currently.

2. Wrathard macrumors newbie

3. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

I agree with you...many users have valid points. But I still plan to get a Mac. I never purchase one brand new anyways. Thankfully used Macs have been falling in resale value. So nothing has really changed for me. But if I was paying retail. That would hurt!

4. andreyush macrumors 6502

andreyush

Do you need a computer that you can use for several years? rmbp mid-2012, 2013, 2014,2015 ? Why did you changed your mind? Maybe the consumerism kicked in a little? :rolleyes:

5. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

rMBP have always been expensive and not most recent tech - price is just higher now. We just had hoped things would be different. We expected it would be different. It was - were disappointed. Thus angry :)

Well..im not angry. :)

6. AdonisSMU thread starter macrumors 603

I think the touch bar can actually be useful TBQH. I just think the price is a bit steep for what it is right now as no apps take advantage of it. I also think 8GB of ram is on the low side if you do any kind of software engineering with your machine. I feel like the standard should've been a minimum of 16GB of ram with an option to upgrade to 32GB of ram. Maybe there are performance implication.

7. Savor Suspended

Savor

I like it enough. Just waiting for future refinements and a price drop. Try to avoid Gen 1 after a complete refresh. The second or third gen of the same-looking device generally are better and more worth it.

This is similar for me at getting an Xbox One S. You wait three years, you get a much better looking device with enough refinements inside it and price drop. All tech is that way.

8. thadoggfather macrumors 604

thadoggfather

Or you can trade up. Had an Xbox one in spring 2014 and traded up for one s at end of summer and paid 50 out of pocket !

Lucked out but macs hold resell value well so if you really want it go for it and worry about gen2 with gen2

If the fear mongering got me I wouldn't have gotten gen one 12" and watch. I regret neither their successors are incremental