I corrupted my iCal preferences

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MotorcycleBetty, Mar 29, 2012.

1. MotorcycleBetty macrumors member

MotorcycleBetty

Hello,

I recently got an Android tablet, and have been successful/unsuccessful at syncing iCal to the tablet.

Today, following instructions found here: http://support.google.com/calendar/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=99358#ical, which don't exactly match my version of iCal (4.0.4), I think I really screwed up my iCal profile because all my calendar entries disappeared, and I can no longer access iCal preferences.

I need help to restore my calendar and access to preferences.

2. MotorcycleBetty thread starter macrumors member

MotorcycleBetty

Fixed

I got my calendars back, and access to the preferences. Here's what was wrong:

I'd been wondering about deleting plist files, so I went into the home directory, >Library, >Calendars, and starting at the top, I went into every folder, moved the plist file to the desktop, and then opened up iCal. Fail after fail, until I reached....drumroll please....the Calendar Cache (doh!).

When I opened iCal, it rebuilt the calendars, and the preferences became available again! Which is really a relief, because in the meantime, the broken calendar (with no entries) had synced to my Android device!

Anyway, I'm good to go now (as long as I can get the sync to work reliably in the future).