I could have died, just right then!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by conch575, Jun 13, 2009.

1. conch575 macrumors 6502

conch575

As I was walking away from my MacBook to open the door for my mother, I tripped over the power cord. As I hit the floor, I couldn't stop freaking out about my MacBook and wondering if it got hurt! I guess I care more about my computer than myself :p

Thank god for the magsafe powercord!

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

3. Ttownbeast macrumors 65816

No, you care about your Mac more than you do your own mother, if you didn't care about yourself more than abusing your Mac you'd have hung your self with the power cable after dropping it in shame....now go apologize to your mother.

4. Nukemkb macrumors 6502a

Nukemkb

(sigh!) is this a 'mother' story or a 'macbook' story? I'm confused! :rolleyes:

5. conch575 thread starter macrumors 6502

conch575

Macbook story! I think I would have died if my computer hit the floor, I couldn't care less if I had hit the floor, I'm not as expensive as a computer :p

6. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Unless you don't have a NHS like in the USA. :p

7. conch575 thread starter macrumors 6502

conch575

My mother is quite competent in opening her own door, she just didn't like how it was getting too hot in the living room and was too "comfortable" to get up, so I had to open the door for her. I am a good daughter :D

8. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

There's nothing quite like watching something valuable as it falls toward certain death and destruction. The way everything seems to go into slow motion and the immediate lump in your throat and "punch in the gut" feeling that takes hold of your stomach. My brother in law is a chef and a caterer. He still tells the story of the time that an ice sculpture got dropped at an event. :eek:

Thank goodness the folks at :apple: understand this feeling and redesigned the magsafe adapter. A true example of technology safety at it's best. Glad your computer is okay.