I could slap myself right now... -.-

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by xsalee, Oct 10, 2010.

1. xsalee macrumors newbie

I accidentally 'erased all content and settings' on my jailbroken iphone 3gs. it was jailbroken using jailbreakme and was on ios 4.0.1....

i sold my phone on ebay and was trying to delete all my data but keeping the jailbreak intact like i said i would if the buyer requested it.

it's been on the apple logo for a good 10 minutes now, but how much longer will this take? I read online it'll take like 2 hours?? is that right?

and it also says it's going to kick into DFU mode and I will have to connect to itunes to 'activate' it.

my question is... what do i need to do so that i can jailbreak it again. do i have to find the 4.0.1 ios online and manually install it so i can use jailbreakme again? will i have to activate with an at&t sim? help please :(

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Yes, it will take several hours.

Did you save your SHSH blobs?

3. xsalee thread starter macrumors newbie

noooo! >.< which is why i could slap myself... please tell me i'm not totally SOL?

how will i know when it's done restoring?

4. xsalee thread starter macrumors newbie

i'm gonna try the option click in itunes to restore it to the ipsw file for 4.0.1 ... then try jailbreakme again.. good?

5. pogoyoyo macrumors regular

itunes will not let you restore to anything but 4.1 unless you saved you shsh files. If its the jailbreak you're worried about, update to 4.1 and use limera1n to jailbreak it.... you can find all the info about it and download link for it at limera1n.com

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Well you can go ahead and slap yourself then:D
    You screwed up pretty good this time.

7. xsalee thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah the jailbreak was all i was really worried about. i went ahead and upgraded to 4.1 then jailbroke it using limera1n... along with my bf's 3gs and my new i4 :)

thanks!

8. archjab macrumors newbie

9. archjab macrumors newbie

10. archjab macrumors newbie

should I just wait for my phone to reboot? it's been in the apple logo for about an hour now.