I could use some iPhoto help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Stokes, Jul 3, 2010.

1. Stokes macrumors regular

Hey Guys,
    I'm not too good with this machine yet, and I'd like to process photos in a similar fashion that I did on my Windows based machine.

What I miss from iPhoto so far, as compared to the Windows machines, are a couple of things that I'd assume would be easy, and I just can't figure out how to do them.

Specifically, I'd like to keep photos in folders. I'd really like to be able to keep folders within folders as well. I've messed with 'Events', but it's just not nearly as easy, and you can't have an Event within an Event.

Also, once in a folder on Windows, you could select all, rename, and then all the pictures would be named that with an automatic (1), (2), (3), etc. It seems to me that there should be an easier way to rename all the photos in one folder.

And, lastly, it'd be really nice to be able to crop, and then have something that would then auto resize to a standard width.

What am I missing?

2. skybolt macrumors 6502a

O.k., you have "events". From the "File" menu (I think it is, not at the mac right now), create a "Folder" named, for instance "Vacations". Then create an album, for instance "Summer 2010". You can also select all the photos in a particular event and say to "create album from selection". Drag the album to the folder and there you go. Create as many albums as you want and drag them to the folder.

For renaming, select the photos you want to rename, then "Photos" in the menubar. Then "Batch Change". You can add a number by clicking on the appropriate box. You can change the date and time under the "Photos" tab as well. Be sure to check the box that asks about changing the file date.

Again, not at the mac, so can't look for you, but there should be an option in the lower left (as I recall) that says to "restrain". You can select a size there.

Good luck -- hope this helps!