falconb

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 18, 2012
hi guys

i said on a previous thread that i couldn't write in my external HDD
and i got help to be able to write
i was given some apps' names that can let me write

and when i started installing one of them i decided to cancel the installing for a personal reason (i basically clicked "cancel" and didn't force quit or used any irregular move)

and the next time i tried read my external HDD the computer said what is on the attached image and refused to read it

please help

Attachments

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
You may need to uninstall and reinstall MacFUSE. What version of Mac OS X are you running? And exactly where did you get the NTFS-3G that you installed?

falconb

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 18, 2012
i have mac os x 10.8.2 mountain lion

that's the question how can i uninstall it????

i got it from cnet

thanx GGJ you're always helpful i appreciate that

falconb

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 18, 2012
yeah but i mean is do i own the app forever like the App Store apps with its coming updates or i just have the service for a specific period of time

and also GGJ pleaaaaaaaaaase I'm being frustrated because when removed NTFS-3G manually as you told me and replugged the HDD it said "The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer" and gave 3 options:Initialize,Ignore and Eject

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
yeah but i mean is do i own the app forever like the App Store apps with its coming updates or i just have the service for a specific period of time
Yes, you own the app, just like App Store apps.
and also GGJ pleaaaaaaaaaase I'm being frustrated because when removed NTFS-3G manually as you told me and replugged the HDD it said "The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer" and gave 3 options:Initialize,Ignore and Eject
After you remove NTFS-3G, you need to install Paragon before you can read and write to NTFS drives.

falconb

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 18, 2012
thank you man from the heart:apple: (i didn't find a symbol for a heart hhhhh)

I'll post a reply if i need any further help:cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.