I could've got one today......

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by anim8or, Jul 27, 2008.

1. anim8or macrumors 65816

anim8or

I was in my local shopping centre and the O2 store had stock of the iPhone 3G..... but i passed!

I really want to see the white one before i make any decisions but i am not totally against a black one.

Have i done the right thing, should i have got it then and there?

2. thechidz macrumors 68000

thechidz

fail... epically

just kidding:p do what you feel like

3. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Don't settle for anything less than what you really want. (note my sig, which WILL be a reality) You'll beat yourself up for it in the future.

4. ivtecDOu macrumors 6502

ivtecDOu

thanks for sharing you should make a thread for everything you do throughout the day.

5. EvryDayImShufln macrumors 65816

EvryDayImShufln

You should get exactly what you want.

You're locked in a 2 year contract with that phone, don't settle for anything less than the model you want in the color you want.

I ordered myself a white 16 over the phone and received it 1 week later :D Definitely worth the wait though.

6. docal97 macrumors 6502a

docal97

Get what u want dude, no rush. Availability is getting better, at least in the US, so if u need to see a white one to be sure, then just wait and ultimately get what u really want.

7. adversecamber macrumors regular

This is called MacRumors:Forums - for people to chat and share their thoughts and feelings.

If you don't like it I suggest you start-up MacAndOnlyMacFactsAndFiguresAndNothingElse.com

8. ivtecDOu macrumors 6502

ivtecDOu

or just post in the community forums

9. adversecamber macrumors regular

Why? He's talking about an iPhone. You can guarantee that if he'd posted in the community forums someone would have written;

"dude go post that in the iphone forum man lol :cool: fyi people who wanna talk about dem fones post over there innit:eek::p"

10. sellitman macrumors regular

sellitman

I have passed up the chance too. I just don't see the need to pay $15 dollars a month for 3G service. I already own a portable GPS and my older iPhone works fine.

11. kgeier82 macrumors 65816

i stood in line about 2 weeks ago at an @pple store. I got the last voucher for a 16gb WhITE.

I didnt want the white, so i passed, and gave it to the crying grown man behind me. What a puss! :)

12. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

this made me lol

13. bigmouth macrumors 6502

I wasn't crying -- there was something in my eye.

Actually, something similar happened to me, minus the crying and waiting in line. Guy in front of me wanted black, so I got the last 16GB white in the store.

14. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

Lucky SOB

Been trying to buy one for a few days now

Completely out of stock around here

I could do direct fulfillment but am waiting for a store to get one

No biggie anyway as my original iPhone is still great to have so I don't mind waiting

15. thor79 macrumors 6502

thor79

Get what you want. Settle for nothing less.
    The first day I waited in line I could have gotten a 16GB White but I wanted a 16GB Black. I was #3 in line when they ran out of 16GB blacks, they had plenty of 16GB whites to cover most if not all of the people in line (there were probably at least 150 people there), but I stepped out of line and left when they made the announcement. The next day I made the trip to downtown Chicago to get one...and I absolutely love my black one. I don't mind the fact that I waited in line that first day (got there at 8:30am, left my house at 8am) or the second day (got there at 7am, left my house at 6am)...I got what I wanted...that's all I care about. I might have been able to get a black one the first day had I had the money in my account, but I couldn't get that done until 8am when Walgreen's opened up. I put $600 cash on Visa Gift cards and used that to purchase the phone. I probably would have gotten there earlier and might have had a shot had I not had to get the gift cards.

You're stuck with whatever you get for at least 2 years or however long you will have till you are upgrade eligible and replace it. No point in using something you hate the look of for a long period of time.

On my first day of waiting in line the guy in front of me was going to be buying 2 iPhones (one for him and one for his kid). He was a nice guy as he offered to hold off on buying the black one for his son and get just his own instead (he didn't care what color, so he was going to get white). He didn't get a chance to live up to his word...but the thought was nice enough.

16. itsm3cmg macrumors member

Here in MN at the Southdale location there is always Iphone 3G's in stock. But I am not that interested