Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

M-5

macrumors 65816
Jan 4, 2008
I have a cracked 2G 8GB iPhone myself. Everything still works great aside from the screen being cracked on the bottom left portion. How much do you think it's worth if I sell it on Ebay?

kolax

macrumors G3
Mar 20, 2007
If you want to pay the subsidized price for it, you need to give back the broken one.

Ah - I thought if you were under contract and your phone broke and you had to pay for a replacement, it would be the full price, not a subsidised price for the replacement.

dccorona

macrumors 68020
Jun 12, 2008
i think i ran into a problem.

wont i have to give my phone over to apple in order to buy a new one ?

ah
worried about being caught with a jailbreak?
well first of all, its just a simple restore and your jailbreak is undetectable
and second of all, the only thing they can do if they find a jailbreak on your phone is to void its warranty
clearly the warranty isnt gonna help you much in this case, so who cares if its taken away

techage14

macrumors regular
Aug 4, 2007
California
Why not just buy a new glass screen with the digitizer on eBay for about $30? It doesn't seem that hard to replace the glass screen. That's what I'm going to do with my iPhone. That way, I don't have to mess with Apple or AT&T or any third party. There are guides from iFixit that you can download that will help you replace it. Just make sure that you wear gloves so you don't leave any fingerprints on the inside of the phone!!! ;)

tommyIphone

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2008
ah
worried about being caught with a jailbreak?
well first of all, its just a simple restore and your jailbreak is undetectable
and second of all, the only thing they can do if they find a jailbreak on your phone is to void its warranty
clearly the warranty isnt gonna help you much in this case, so who cares if its taken away

no not being worried at all about being caught with jailbreak .. and i already know everything you just said.

and my warranty is automatically voided once physical damage is done to the phone .

tommyIphone

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2008
the phone is on ebay now . im not going to post a link cause i dont wanna get in trouble but. just seach iphone 3g 16gb broken glass still works

deneenco

macrumors member
Dec 14, 2007
A2, MI
this could be the most pointless post ever....

why not just get the stupid phone fixed ~$160 bux (less if you use ground shipping)... or ~$30 if you buy the digitizer on ebay and do it yourself..

instead you're giving it away on ebay.

pointless. unsubscribe.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.