Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheDance511

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 5, 2007
California soon
Hey guys...I have a Black 60 Gig iPod video that i love very dearly... But i crushed it... I ride a motorcycle...and I love it more than my iPod even =-) anyway... I was just riding to work this morning (5 am) down the street with my iPod in my pocket and I must have been going about 40 mph and i was turning and the road is slick still (from ice) my motorcycle is my only transportation...in the deep winter i had to get rides from people to get somewhere because i dont own a car....annyway i was going 40 mph and i slipped on the ice and fell off my bike and i broke my leg....but along with that i crushed my iPod...i was in teh hospital all day and my bikes fine and im very lucky because i fell on grass instead of the concrete road.....It was like a city/park area i was riding through anyway...sorry im rambling.l... anyway when i turn my iPod on the screen is jsut white and the screen has like 4 big cracks on the screen i know its probably beyonf repair....but if it is repairable where should i take it??? I am just sentimentally attatched because my dad gave it to me...so sorry for the rambling but if anyone has suggestions for my iPod crisis please post thanks:apple:

JDN

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2006
Lund Sweden {London England}
Call apple, or go into a store. Get them to quote to see how badly damaged it is, and the repair it self. Then decide if it's worth it. If it turns out to be an easy fix, you could do it yourself with parts form ifixit.com

apachie2k

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2006
was NYC...now MIAMI
really sorry to hear about your accident, i have a couple friends with motorcycles and have had the pain of seeing some of them in the hospital for much worse, i think the most important thing is that your realitivly alright . I can relate to having sentimental things break or lost, but it doesn't really make any sense to fix it. If you could, what would you keep? the HD seems like the only recoverable thing, so would you buy a new ipod and replace the HD, i am not very religious and in situations where i loose things that are close, i seek peace by just letting go. I would be very happy that I got out with just a broken leg and a broken ipod, while the possibilty of loosing a lot more was just as much probable. Again, glad your ok!

TheDance511

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 5, 2007
California soon
well i am surley glad i am okay...if i cant get my black ipod fixed ill just use my orange shuffle...and wait for the next gen ipod to come out..anyway...yeah..im glad my bike has abs :( oh wellgotta learn to cut your losses i suppose

psycoswimmer

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2006
USA
well i am surley glad i am okay...if i cant get my black ipod fixed ill just use my orange shuffle...and wait for the next gen ipod to come out..anyway...yeah..im glad my bike has abs :( oh wellgotta learn to cut your losses i suppose

Yeah. You didn't come out too bad. I hope your leg heals okay. On the positive side, I love the new shuffles. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.