Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IChing

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 25, 2007
of a program I'm testing out on a 30 day trial.

I have a pair of creative T-20 which are a decent pair for my iMac. When I moved
I sold my stereo and its speakers & since then sort of missed my JVC amp and old USA made Altec Lansing speakers and now everything is played through my iMac.

Anyway I just tried the astound sound program and my little T-20s have improved immensely. In fact, I'm blown away on the improvement in music, film,
and games.

I've had the program two days and am blown away and have decided to purchase it and forgo buying new speakers.

Anyone else using this program? Is there any down side to this?

http://www.astoundsound.net/testimonials.php

jackerin

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2008
Finland
Good side is that you think you hear a difference, bad side is that you waste 40 USD that could have gone to saving up for better gear.

I have no idea if or how it works since I'm on 10.4 and couldn't try it, but from the "demo" (however a Flash demo is supposed to tell me how my speakers will sound with that installed is another question) I'm guessing it's some sort of stereo maximizer..?

IChing

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 25, 2007
Good side is that you think you hear a difference, bad side is that you waste 40 USD that could have gone to saving up for better gear.

If I buy this week its 24 USD.. so it is like an upgrade because I just had a neighbor who is a audiophile say that the difference was amazing. Almost like having two other speakers and real surround sound. You have to turn off your equalizer in itunes in order for it to work.

If I bought new speakers I'm looking at around $120 anyway so for me this is a cheap alternative for a upgrade.

I enjoy the speaker reviews in this forum
and thought this might be an alternative for some like me and wonder if anyone else used it.

They have a major discount if you buy it the first week vs the last week of the 30 day trial. So I needed some feedback.

Right now I'm sold on it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.