I delete Address.Framework and now can't open some app (mac os x 10.5.8)

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Pastelmist, May 3, 2015.

1. Pastelmist macrumors newbie

hey!

I've been clearing up space on my 10.5.8 mac hardrive. I've deleted my things by moving them to the trash and then emptying it. However, I have emptied out 'Addressbook.Framework' I thought it was just to do with the address book app which I don't use anyway ( I know that this is very silly but I really don't know much) but since I've deleted Addressbook.framework, I have not been able to launch Google Chrome, Spotlight, Finder and iPhoto. I can't access any of my files but I know they are still there. I have deleted all my other browsers (Safari and Firefox) so I only have Chrome left but I can't launch it so I can't access internet on my macbook (i'm using my iphone right now). If I had internet access I would be able to download the recovery program for recovering the emptied trash but I don't have a browser to download the program so....

what do I have to do? I know you can download a browser on someone else's laptop and then transfer it by USB but my mac is quite old (10.5.8) so I don't know if that's going to work.

Should I but the installation disc for mac os x snow leopard 10.6? Would that solve the problem? I know it could but I want to keep all my personal data and since I can't access finder, I don't know if I will be able to transfer files into an external hardrive or not.

Please help me. I am now very sad because I've spent so much time downloading movies onto my mac but now I can't access them and can't use the internet.

Ps. I think it will be helpful if I type up the problem detail that comes up when I click Report. I've only typed out the bottom bit which seems to be the error.

Dyld Error Message:
    Library not loaded: /System/Library/Frameworks/AddressBook.framework/Versions/A/AddressBook
    Reference from: /System/Library/CoreServices/Spotlight.app/Contents/MacOS/Spotlight
    Reason: image not found

2. Pastelmist thread starter macrumors newbie

I Should add as well that after I emptied out the trash everything was still fine, I could open all the apps. But then I restarted my laptop and it all went wrong as I've mentioned above. I tried restarting it again just now but now I'm getting a blank blue screen with yhe occasional "The Application Spotlight has quit unexpectedly". I didn't only delete Addressbook.framework I've deleted many other things from the Library which I thought weren't necessary but AddressBook.framework is causing the most problem right now.

thank you in advance