I deleted a backup and now I would like it back.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Zews, Jul 3, 2010.

1. Zews macrumors newbie

I wanted to restore from a backup, but could not find the backup I wanted in the dropdown box after right clicking the iPhone in the devices column. So I deleted all the other backups in Preferences/Devices, keeping the backup I wanted to backup from.

When I now want to restore from that backup, the option to restore from backup is no longer available. The system does not recognize any backups. Restore from backup is no longer an option at all, even though I still have that one backup in my Preferences/Devices box. iTunes does not see that backup.

So now I want the backup that I deleted in Preferences/Devices back, so I can restore from that backup. Normally I would not have deleted the backups to begin with, but copied them to the desktop, just in case. But I could not find where they were stored on my HD. Is is possible to restore a deleted backup? And if so, how do I do this?

2. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Do you by any chance use Time Machine? If so you restore those backups that way. If not, look in your trash in case you haven't empties it. If they are gone from your trash then they are just plain gone now.

3. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4 (32GB): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

Time Machine + BackBlaze. Never worry about accidentally deleted files again.