Resolved I deleted Haptic Pro folder in SSH and now I can't uninstall it!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by iMJustAGuy, May 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iMJustAGuy, May 27, 2011
    Last edited: May 27, 2011

iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

This is the first time I've ever jailbroken and was testing things out. When I'm in Cydia it gives me the below message so I went in and deleted the directory that said Haptic Pro, and now the settings menu is gone for it but I still am getting the haptic feedback!

I've rebooted my phone and it's still there, what do it do... :eek:

Thank you.

PS: Sinful Repo was having some problems so I removed that source, since that is where I downloaded this, and now it's not there... could that be the problem?

Attached Files:

2. iMJustAGuy thread starter macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

Resolved!

I guess if I wasn't so new I would have known this was possible; but basically in Cydia there is an option that I just ran across that shows you all the directories where files were placed and installed so I was able to pinpoint everything.

If anyone else ever has this issue just refer to the below screenshots. :)

Attached Files:

3. sloppygator2013 macrumors regular

No one is going to help you on this forum with cracked apps or repos, even if you are "testing" them.

btw you're avatar is creepy.

4. iMJustAGuy, May 27, 2011

iMJustAGuy thread starter macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

If I was trying to hide anything I wouldn't have said it... Also, your concern over my avatar is irrelevant to me.

Don't act like you don't download an occasional song or take some supplies from work once in a while, etc., etc. Please take your mountebank morals somewhere else.

5. dudeabiding macrumors 6502

dudeabiding

"Don't act like you don't download an occasional song or take some supplies from work once in a while, etc., etc. Please take your mountebank morals somewhere else"

Forum rules, not someone's personal behavior, are in place here. NO TALK OF CRACKED APPS. By you, me, Dr. Who, anyone. Is that so hard to understand?

And as your use of the word mountebank towards someone else, it would seem to apply more to you: yes, I'm using cracked apps, I want cracked app help because I screwed up with my cracked apps, don't call me a thief because, even though I stole this app, and I admit it here in public, I plan to steal another app at some indeterminate time in the future (you can take my word for that), and, by the way, your morals are suspect because I am sure YOU also stole something, sometime in your life, but I don't know you.

What??

mountebank |ˈmountiˌba ng k|
    noun
    a person who deceives others, esp. in order to trick them out of their money; a charlatan. See note at quack .
    • historical a person who sold patent medicines in public places.
    DERIVATIVES
    mountebankery |-ˌba ng kərē| noun
    ORIGIN late 16th cent.: from Italian montambanco, from the imperative phrase monta in banco! ‘climb on the bench!’ (with allusion to the raised platform used to attract an audience).

6. iMJustAGuy, May 27, 2011

iMJustAGuy thread starter macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

Good thing you had Google to look that up. ;)

And I was leaning more toward the second Merriam-Webster definition. :)

The forum rules also mention something about harassment, and I feel harassed right now. :cool:

Lastly, I was unaware that talking about cracked apps was forbidden; as you may have read in numerous places here, these past 2 days were my first time ever even thinking about jail breaking. I was very civil and just minding my own business until "someone" started being an ass with their attitude and quotations. :rolleyes:

PS: Don't tell me I don't pay for stuff. When all my ThemeIt receipts come in all posts those too. I just said I wasn't paying for that tweak.

</thread>

Attached Files:

7. iMJustAGuy thread starter macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

8. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

9. iMJustAGuy thread starter macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

Lol!

10. dudeabiding macrumors 6502

dudeabiding

Nope, not Google. Macintosh dictionary (although I know the word- I'm a schoolteacher, I know many words).

My point still stands. You talked about things not to be talked about here. Someone posted that you should not talk of such things here. You responded with a personal attack on their morals (classic spin technique), and I called you on it.

Then you assumed I had to use Google to look up a word I already knew, and was quoting the definition for my own edification, not yours. Again, incorrect.

At that point, you suggested you were being harassed (clearly not the case, you are the one being aggressive). Although I agree the comment about your avatar was not needed.

Your next excuse was that you were unaware of the rules, as you had only been jailbreaking for a short time (although your join date clearly predates your jailbreaking, so we have to assume you have been on the forum before the past two weeks).

And, lastly, with more spin, you state that you buy apps, but just didn't buy this one.

The point is that using cracked apps is against forum rules, and you clearly broke forum rules. Had you replied in your third post that, oops, you were sorry, excuse me, won't happen again, I wouldn't have bothered posting. But, instead, you accused someone else of doing immoral activities and basically excused your own.

We don't need to continue this- just, please, follow forum rules. They are there to protect the forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.