I deleted Ilife and have no install cd

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by AntiPhoenix, Jan 20, 2008.

1. AntiPhoenix macrumors newbie

Guys, i just got my macbook pro yesterday, it had tiger with ilife, today i upgraded to leopard but chose to format the HD and install clean.
    Afterwards i found out that now i had no ilife and it was not on the leopard upgrade cd.
    Can somebody help me out?

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

it should be on your Restore disks, the 2nd one i think.

3. tammy418 macrumors member

iLife is in the tiger restore disks that came with your computer. Just pop in the Tiger install disk #2 and something should pop up and then choose install additional applications. Choose what you want to install, in your case iLife.

4. AntiPhoenix thread starter macrumors newbie

The problem is i have no Tiger restore discs, only a Leopard one.
    Can i contact Apple on this matter and if yes,how?

5. riscy macrumors 6502a

riscy

Similar problem here . When I try to reinstall I get this message :

"To install Mac OS X and the applications that came with your computer, use the Mac OS X Install Disc 1. Double-click "Install Mac OS X and Bundled Software" and follow the onscreen instructions."

I do not want to install OS X as I already have Leopard - will it leave Leopard intact?

6. riscy macrumors 6502a

riscy

Did that and there is only a text file saying to insert disk 1 (see previous message)

7. adorie macrumors newbie

Just in case

Pop in original install disc 1. Choose to install bundled software only. Click customize when you reach the 'installation type' option.

[​IMG]

Choose your options, and enjoy. :p

8. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

why did you buy a MacBook with no install discs? assuming its second hand you should of asked the seller if the discs are included so you wouldnt have got into this situation. it could be stolen as a notebook user generally doesnt carry the install discs with them.

either ask the seller for the install discs or buy iLife '08.