Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

smallzy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 12, 2019
australia
so macs aren’t my specialty and i went to erase all data and start fresh but i did command + r and deleted macintosh hd and i am trying to do internet recovery and install it again but i keep logging into my internet and it’s giving me the link to apple support and a warning sign over the internet recovery logo... i need this fixed asap help

MSalemHawks

macrumors newbie
May 19, 2017
so macs aren’t my specialty and i went to erase all data and start fresh but i did command + r and deleted macintosh hd and i am trying to do internet recovery and install it again but i keep logging into my internet and it’s giving me the link to apple support and a warning sign over the internet recovery logo... i need this fixed asap help

can you use ethernet direct to your router?

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
Press power on button and hold it in for about 6 seconds until Mac shuts off.

Now press power on button again and immediately hold down "command-option-R" until the "internet symbol" appears.

If you are not connected via ethernet, you may have to enter your wifi password.

See if you can get to the Mac Utilities screen (may take a little while for everything to "come in" over the net and get loaded and ready).

(You didn't tell us WHICH version of the Mac OS you want to install?)
I would then open Disk Utility and ERASE the internal drive (if it's High Sierra or Mojave, go to the popup menu on the left and choose "show all devices").
I would choose "Mac OS extended with journaling enabled".

Then open the OS installer and try again.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.