I deleted my dock poof?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Cpup, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Cpup macrumors member

Ok, so I am a big customization addict and love to customize everything, especially when mac has so much to customize. I found this program called DocKX and downloaded it. I was using the skin maker and kinda fooling around and I didn't put a place for it to get the poof.png or poof.pfd file so it completely deleted the original poof. Now, since there is no animation for that, I am unable to remove apps from my dock. If I try to drag or do the 'Remove From Dock' Option it always does the same thing, pulls down the dock like I did the command killall Dock and pops back up with the thing I try to delete. So what I am asking you guys to help me with is to try to locate a download of the original poof or even a different one and post the link here. If you could help me I would be so happy. Thanks for your time!

Cpup

2. Blondie :) macrumors 6502a

Blondie :)

wow sounds like quite a pickle you have there...I've never heard of that being downloadable anywhere except a clean OS install...you might be able to try updating to 10.6.4 if you haven't yet. Aside from that, I don't know that there's much you can do...except of course live with apps you don't want on your dock anymore :rolleyes:

3. Cpup thread starter macrumors member

Do you think?

Do you think I could call apple and have them send it to me via email?

4. Cpup thread starter macrumors member

Could you?

Blondie, I was thinking that you could make a copy of the file poof.pfd and send it to me via email! Could you do that? The poof.pfd file is found in Macintosh HD/Library/CoreServices/Dock.app/Contents/Resources/poof.pdf. Please contact me if this is possible. My email is cpup@mail.com:rolleyes:

5. Blondie :) macrumors 6502a

I've been searching for it for a while now, but I can't seem to find it. I think your setup is a bit different because you use the application that lets you customize your dock. I could be mistaken though, but I can't seem to find the poof.pdf file anywhere on my machine :eek:

6. Blondie :) macrumors 6502a

Never mind I've found it! I just sent you the file. It ended up being in system/library/coreservices...etc... haha hope this soles your problem!

7. Cpup thread starter macrumors member

Thanks so much! It worked!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

8. Blondie :) macrumors 6502a