I Deleted my Itunes folder

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by fyrmedic, Sep 2, 2008.

1. fyrmedic macrumors member

Help. I wanted to move my Itunes folder to an external HD. I followed all the intructions execept...consolidate folder. then I deleted my regular itunes folder.(stupid) My iphone still holds all my music but how do I get it back on my computer...when I pull up itunes it has my music listed but says it cannot find the music file do I want to search for it....HELP:eek:

2. MasterNile macrumors 65816

MasterNile

try using senuti to rip the songs off the iphone, i haven't used it so i can't review it or anything, but it's supposed to be able to rip songs off an ipod. Don't know if it works for an iphone or not, but it is free

3. fyrmedic thread starter macrumors member

thanks.

I cannot believe that I can't just load stuff back into I tunes from my phone.

4. SmartIndianKid macrumors regular

SmartIndianKid

Believe it.

5. MasterNile macrumors 65816

MasterNile

Well if you could load stuff back on to iTunes using your iPhone what's to stop you from doing the same with other people's iPhones? It's just copyright protection on Apple's part, it may get in the way but they also offer Time Machine and plenty of other 3rd party software for backup. I myself have 3 back ups of my iTunes libraries.

6. fyrmedic thread starter macrumors member

irepox

anybody heard of or used Irepo x

7. MasterNile macrumors 65816

MasterNile

Not I. Have you checked out if Senuti worked for you?

8. fyrmedic thread starter macrumors member

could not figure out how

don't think it works with iphone but thanks for the tip

9. fyrmedic thread starter macrumors member

seems to have worked

It looks like it woked but added three duplicates of each of the songs...I have also read that if I sync now it will delete all my songs off my Iphone. does that mean I can never sync my Iphone with my music??? any body else used senuti? that can help

10. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

Senuti has nothing to do with syncing to your iPhone/iPod. Once you have your songs in your iTunes library, iTunes is responsible for syncing. And yes, if you sync your iPhone with what's really a new library, iTunes will replace the songs on your iPhone. But if you managed to get everything off it'll just end up the same.

As for the duplicates - I haven't used the latest Senuti (I haven't had to get music off my iPhone) so I don't know about the result - but you can just use the iTunes option to search for duplicates and delete the ones you don't want. Back up the library first, though.

11. fyrmedic thread starter macrumors member

here is the thing....when I accidently ditched my original Itunes folder...all the song titles remained in itunes..when I clicked on one...it said "can't find the file do you want to look for it...When I used senuti it added two additional duplicate songs. If I click on the original it plays..If I delete the two senuti songs it gives the error message again.:confused: