I deleted my itunes library!

Discussion in 'iPod' started by bluelillydee, Sep 4, 2010.

1. bluelillydee macrumors newbie

Sep 4, 2010

I was clearing some space on my computer and accidently deleted the music from the 'my music' folder. I didn't realize that that would delete my i tunes library. :eek:

Somehow I managed to keep all my purchased songs but the rest of the songs are all gone from my computer! Everything is still on my ipod as it was but I was told that if I sync any new songs from my PC to my Ipod that I will loose the whole lot!:(

I rang technical support but they were useless and told me to google the answer as they couldn't help!

Is there any way that I can reverse sync my tunes from my ipod to a computer or disk? Im not technically minded so it would need to be easy to do?
  2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

Mar 7, 2007
    There are several apps out there that will help, Senuti is one.
  3. iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

Sep 10, 2007
    Beach, FL
    Did the files go to the trash?
    Time machine?
  4. iggypod macrumors 6502a

Jun 23, 2010
    No backup at all to restore??

I also would suggest setuni in that scenario then and then start backing data up. Redundancy is always a good thing.
  5. 1rottenapple macrumors 65816

Apr 21, 2004
    That's lame of cust support. Maybe they're not allowed to answer the question by recommending certain software.

Anyway, google "transferring songs from ipod to computer". I've done this 4-5 times and there are programs out there including senuti that let you transfer songs. Some are timed trials, and some are $14. Good luck though, and I would absolutely invest in an external HD to back up your files. If you had time machine, you can literally access the saved songs and transfer them without doing a full timemachine rewind. And drives are soo cheap these days, less than $80.
  6. bluelillydee thread starter macrumors newbie

Sep 4, 2010
    Hindsight is a great thing haha!

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the ideas:).

I checked my recycle bin but with no luck!I should have backed up everything but was too lazy :rolleyes:

I got senuti but with no success. Eventually and stupidly I bought it but now it's telling me that my ipod isn't connected! Im pulling my hair out:mad: The usb port is ok and so are my cables as i've borrowed a friend's as I thought mine was faulty, so I'm back to square one!

I guess I'll just have to live with my mistakes!:(
  7. Hayduke60 macrumors regular

Mar 2, 2009
  8. nunes013 macrumors 65816

May 24, 2010
    try podtomac assuming you have a mac

and i have senuti and get the same usb problem, i just played with it a few times and it found it, try googling how to use senuti