I Deleted Photobooth

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Intel Inside, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Intel Inside macrumors 6502

2. -tWv- macrumors 68000

-tWv-

If you are using time machine. Open time machine and find photobooth and restore it.

If not: It's a pretty big hassle to do. That's why you back up your data. And the applications I use here is shareware, so it means you have to pay a fee. I believe there is a trial period so for your purposes you don't have to pay. But if there isn't a trial period, and you really want photo booth back, I would pay for the license. It really is a useful program when it comes to opening package files.

Download pacifist. This is a shareware utility used for opening .pkg files. After you open pacifist insert your mac osx install disc and in pacifist click open apple install discs. You are going to have to wait a minute for all of them to open. After you do this go into the search bar and search for photo booth.app. This should be a subfolder in the Contents of Essentials.pkg file. Select the photobooth.app file. Then click extract to at the top and select your applications folder. After this is done go into applications and double click on photo booth and photo booth should open just like before.

Next time make sure you back up your data.

3. NSK123 macrumors regular

NSK123

Thanks! worked like a charm with the pacifist method :D

4. -tWv- macrumors 68000

-tWv-

Good, glad I could help, I wonder if the OP has tried it yet

5. Intel Inside thread starter macrumors 6502

Hey, sorry I haven't replied yet. Thank you so much, the pacifist method worked perfectly.

I'm also glad to see my thread helped more than one person. I don't like making threads, asking for help, but i kind of had to. :D Thank you once again!

6. -tWv- macrumors 68000

-tWv-

I would never hesitate to ask a question about anything on here. There are always people who will be able to help you with any problems you have

7. Anne868 macrumors newbie

re photo booth removed in error

I tried but nothing happened so must be doing something wrong. I have an Imac os x leopard and followed yr instructions but some of what should appear didn't. No photo booth to search for.

8. Anne868 macrumors newbie

re photo booth removed in error

Ignore my other msgs. I was able to download and return photo booth back to my computer. Tks so much for your help.http://forums.macrumors.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif