I desperately need help..

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Atothendrew24, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Atothendrew24 macrumors member

My girlfriends computer crashed so she lost all her music but luckily it is all still on her old iPod Video 30gb (not sure what generation it is, it is the first one that plays videos)..

Anyway, when i try to take the music off her iPod, it auto ejects. I have tried 3 different methods:
    I tried using a tool called iPod Access: it auto ejected
    I tried using a tool called expod: it auto ejected
    I tried unhiding the music folders on it and just copying those over: it auto ejected.

The ipod itself works fine. No problems at all. I just cannot, for the life of me, find out what is happening..

Can anybody at all help me?

*Edit: i forgot to mention that i am using a mac (specs in sig)

2. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

try Senuti (iTunes spelt backwards) can copy everything off your iPod onto your computer.

3. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

Will this work for me? My OLD iPod has like 1000 songs but the iTunes library was wiped like 5 years ago.

4. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

It should and the demo version allows you to transfer 1000 songs. You won't even have to purchase it.

5. Atothendrew24 thread starter macrumors member

Well it turns out the problem was that i was using a usb extender with the official apple usb charger cable. The extender was messing with it. I also changed the USB port i was using. I dont know if that made a difference.