I did a search and still have some questions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CaptainCaveMann, Nov 27, 2008.

1. CaptainCaveMann macrumors 68000

CaptainCaveMann

VERY basic iPhone questions here.

I already own a mac computer, but currently use Blackberry for phone and email. It works great. However I like the idea of eliminating one of the devices I have to carry. The iPod. So I could have my phone and iPod in one device, sweet. Anyway, here are my questions.

1. If I buy music on my iPhone 3g, and then plug my iPhone into my Mac, will the music I bought on the phone, be uploaded into my Mac's iTunes library? Or are they strictly for the iPhone only?

2. No landscape mode for sms? No mms? No video? Are these things coming in a future update?

3. I get on an airplane or I'm killing time and I want to turn off all the phone functions, except iPod and movie watching, to conserve battery. Is this possible to do?

Sorry for the basic questions but I have very limited experience with iPhones.

2. duckkg5 macrumors member

duckkg5

1. Yes, they get uploaded to your computer, too.
    2. A new MMS program was released in Sweden recently, so we'll probably see something like that soon - and I think it's safe to say that video will be available in the future (google "Qik for iPhone")
    3. There is an Airplane Mode option - flip a switch and all the antennae are turned off so you can watch vids, listen to music, etc. without having the phone functions activated.

3. Macgic macrumors 6502

1. Yes
    2. you can jailbreak for the landscaped sms and video. don't know what to tell you you about mms. as for future updates no one knows.
    3. yes you go into settings and click airplane mode

4. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

I thought that this program was only in development stages, or possibly submitted to App store already. Anyways, I'm going to go and harass AT&T about adopting this program too.

5. CaptainCaveMann thread starter macrumors 68000

CaptainCaveMann

What kind of battery life do you get in airplane mode?