I did a stupid thing. Please help

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ddg5006, May 3, 2010.

1. ddg5006 macrumors newbie

I did a stupid thing,

I was trying to reset my ssh password that i changed a long time ago and i couldnt remember it, so i was trying to use ifile to edit the master.passwd file, ( I have a backup) and when it got to the part to replace the file instead of copying it to replace i decided to delete it first then i was gonna copy over the new file, but after i did that the program froze up and crashed, so i tried to do a respring and it just stayed spinning and spinning so i did a hard reset and now it's stuck at the apple boot screen. is there anyway for me to get back into the the phone and put the file in? of an i screwed ? also i should mention that i don;t have a iphone backup on the computer that im working on. so thats not really an option. please any help would be appreciated.

2. ddg5006 thread starter macrumors newbie

anyone ?

please im dying here, i really need my phone, there is important info that i need in there.

3. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

If you're on a Mac download DiskAid and try to replace the file with that.

I think iFunBox will do the same on Windows.

On another note, I don't think missing that file should effect you being able to respring... That would just keep sshd from starting, but that's not even required for the phone to boot.

4. drf1229 macrumors regular

drf1229

If you're iPod is in that bad of state (which it shouldn't be based on how you explained what happened) restoring may be the only option. Are you sure thats the ONLY file you changed?

5. luvu01 macrumors regular

if he uses ipod. just restore and use spirit to jailbreak and re-install everything or back up if he wants to