I did a whoopsy on my MacBook :(

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by steviem, Apr 15, 2008.

1. steviem macrumors 68020

steviem

So I was setting up windows XP in Boot Camp it rebooted and then I went to grab a coffee.

I came back to find it had completed without my input (I put in a damn Zero Input Windows PE disk usually used for imaging our Windows boxes!)

I have a Time Machine backup at home, but I wanted to sort this out while I'm at work still. A few developers had MacBook Pros bought for them, so I grabbed the install disks from one of them, except I boot up the DVD and select a language and it says 'OSX cannot be installed on this Computer'. I formatted my disk thinking that it may be because of windows, but this doesnt make a difference.

What do I do? Do MacBook Pro disks not work with MacBook disks? Shall I just wait til I get home this evening?

2. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

No the disks are machine specific,i'd wait until tonight to sort things out,that way you should be able to remove the partition and start afresh,XP needs to be on a single disk with SP2 on it

3. steviem thread starter macrumors 68020

steviem

Well it installed XP but took my disk up fully, which I don't really want.

I'll wait til tonight then...

4. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

The same button in bootcamp,once the partition has been created also erases the partition