Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mib1800

Suspended
Sep 16, 2012
how do you guys use the note 3 especially with a case

its gigantic! don't you feel getting that brick out lmao

It is not that big. And the phone is light and thin so it doesn't feel like a brick in the pocket. I can use it one handed as well (except reaching items at top left).

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
If people think resell value. iPhone will always retain the best resell value.

But if you wait a couple of months on tops of line android devices. Wait for sales at third party resellers. If you really want resell value on android you must be patient. Never pay full retail. If buying on contract never pay $199(S4) or $299(note 3). Again this involves patience. Prices will drop and promos pop up a lot on android.

I brought a refurb note 2 back in march 2013 for essentially free at att.com. Even got upgrade fee waived on new line. Immediately resold it for $500. It's my moms line I pay for and she likes her trusty flip phone.

And last. In my opinion especially in USA. Nexus phones tend to have the best resell value of all android phones. Maybe cause they tend not to be subsized. Nexus 4 were still selling for around 80% of their value up till August (9 plus months after their release) but google dropped the price to $199/249. People were still getting close to $300 for their $350/16gb nexus 4 in August.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
When you have a Note 3, you don't really need a phone AND a tablet unless you want a 10 inch tablet. Its the best of both :) I'll take my Note 3 any day over any Nexus device.

Well I have a note 8 and use it for work and about but yes you are right the note 3 is big enough to do certain things. my next tablet will be the 12.2 note I feel.

OP enjoy your note 3 it's an amazing device. Best phone I've ever had.

boateng

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2012
Well I have a note 8 and use it for work and about but yes you are right the note 3 is big enough to do certain things. my next tablet will be the 12.2 note I feel.

OP enjoy your note 3 it's an amazing device. Best phone I've ever had.

If you have a note 3 do you still need an iPad?

Was looking to get the iPad mini but if i get the note, does it make sense to have an iPad mini and a note 3?

Also whats listening to music with earphones like on the note?

It is not that big. And the phone is light and thin so it doesn't feel like a brick in the pocket. I can use it one handed as well (except reaching items at top left).

Hmm maybe because i have small hands

what about when taking calls?

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
If you have a note 3 do you still need an iPad?

Was looking to get the iPad mini but if i get the note, does it make sense to have an iPad mini and a note 3?

yeah i still use my ipad 2 at home for general internet forums, youtube, NBA, e-mail e.t.c. I use my note 8 as I managed at work and about every now and then. So I use my note 3, note 8 and ipad equally when i'm out and at home so I would say yes there is still a need for all.

in terms of music the headphones are very good generally. No issues for me. It's great to use the music with the widgets in lockscreen mode too makes it easier to switch songs.

boateng

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2012
yeah i still use my ipad 2 at home for general internet forums, youtube, NBA, e-mail e.t.c. I use my note 8 as I managed at work and about every now and then. So I use my note 3, note 8 and ipad equally when i'm out and at home so I would say yes there is still a need for all.

in terms of music the headphones are very good generally. No issues for me. It's great to use the music with the widgets in lockscreen mode too makes it easier to switch songs.

Ahhh okay

what earphones do you use btw?
also what case do you have on your note?

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Hmm maybe because i have small hands

what about when taking calls?

I don't want to sound mean or nasty but....

You keep asking the same question over and over and people can only answer you so many times before it all becomes redundant.

YOU need to go to a store and try it. Simple.

We have answered this question a few times in the past with you, the answer isn't going to change - but the fact you are so undecided says more about you - that your looking for a validation - confirmation and assurance that no-one here can give you.

Please for love of Moses, just go to a store and try it yourself. If it feels wrong, then its wrong for you. End of.

Two people with same sized hands CAN have different opinions.

I don't know how much reassurance you want from a bunch of random people on a forum - but its the wrong way to approach purchasing the device - especially as its such a subjective thing.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Lol OP got ripped off. Enjoy the cheap plastic.

stop trolling.

----------

Ahhh okay

what earphones do you use btw?
also what case do you have on your note?

I use the samsung ones that come with the phone. which is pretty loud to be honest. Better than most others.

I use the s view cover. Only just got it. When available I really would get it. very useful where you can listen to music with the cover on. which I like alot.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
Wow the other guy made out like a bandit. 5S is worth much more and has much better resale value. But as long as you got what you wanted I guess it evens out.

WilliamBateman

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2013

I have both, I like having both Android and iOS. I use the iPad mini mostly on Sundays to keep track of all my fantasy football stuff and I use it to browse online and watch Youtube videos in bed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.