I did it! I did it! I ordered my Mac Pro w/8800GT from MacMall.com!

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by krye, Mar 13, 2008.

1. krye macrumors 68000

krye

Has anyone ordered a Mac Pro with the 8800GT from MacMall.com? I just wanted to know how fast they shipped out the machine.

2. krye thread starter macrumors 68000

krye

What about superwarehouse.com?

They are selling a Mac Pro 2.8 with a 500G upgraded hdd
    upgraded graphics to 8800GT
    and RAM upgraded to 4G
    All for $3129.99. apple sells the same configuration for $3599!

Plus, no tax or shipping!

Did everyone on this forum order from apple.com? Impossible.

3. Cromas macrumors member

Cromas

I buy from macconnection.com... $3050 (no tax, no shipping) a config that apple sell me on $3200 (without and tax!!! so $3450 with tax), I order with 8800gt... but I dont receive yet... pass 1 week, I hope that I receive in this days.

4. krye thread starter macrumors 68000

krye

I did it! I finally ordered my Mac Pro. After saving my pennies for a year, I did it.

Mac Pro 2.8 base unit with 8800GT upgrade
    Also ordered another 2G RAM from OWC

I ordered from macmall.com for $3034.25 with a $40 rebate on the s/h. So it'll be $2994.25 when all is said and done. And no tax!

I can't wait for it to come.

5. big dainjerus macrumors regular

Anyone want to start a pool on whether or not krye has to send it back and get a second machine?

6. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

Congrats! I've ordered my mac pro 2.8ghz 8 core model as well 3 weeks ago from macmall and is perfect! And I've ordered my 2.4ghz mbp, macbook core duo, 8gb RAM, 17" 2.4ghz mbp and they all were perfect! I love macmall! and the preferred account is awesome! I'm thinking about ordering the 17" 2.5ghz penryn hi res glossy from macmall and they told me I can receive it by next week, since they ordered a huge bulk of it last month.

7. Cromas macrumors member

Cromas

macconnection, bring me best price for my bto than macmall, and better service.

8. krye thread starter macrumors 68000

krye

Hey man, I've read the forums. Don't ruin it for me. I'm hoping that a smc update comes out soon to fix the full-blast-fan thing as well as the reboot after wake thing.

Maybe I'll get lucky and I'll get a good machine. Think about it, here you mostly hear of the people who are having problems. You don't hear from the other thousands that are not having problems. In any case, I'll keep my fingers crossed.

9. danny_w macrumors 601

Unfortunately I'm afraid he can't based on what others have said about macmall - you can't return any Apple products to them at all. Perhaps this has changed (I hope so). Do a search on "macmall return".

10. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

Dont worry there are no problems with the mac pro, the reboot on wake is a minor minor problem. I'm sure there will be a new smc firmware update that will fix this problem. I've ordered over 6K worth of stuff from macmall and everything went smooth sailing. =D

Dont let someone like him bother you whos just clearly jealous, my mac pro works 100% fine and only has that reboot on wake deal and the fan that revs up when rebooting is normal even my older mac pro 2.66ghz did it with the x1900 (its just testing the fan out when it reboots).

11. big dainjerus macrumors regular

I'm not jealous, I am just trying to make some money to buy some RAM

I also wouldn't consider the reboot 'pon waking a minor minor issue for a $4,000 computer, and no, your mac pro apparently does not work 100% fine.

12. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

Random reboot on a machine, especially pretty much almost everyone has this problem, meaning there is a software issue and there is nothing hardware wise alone that controls the sleep on the mac pro. If there is something wrong with the northbridge, pcb board/motherboard, you will know if something has gone terribly wrong. Just has to do with the smc firmware. And I believe this problem to do with the graphics card and the smc firmware coinciding with eachother as some users hear the fan rev up and some not. Also I just dont put my mac pro to sleep, works 100% to me. =D

13. krye thread starter macrumors 68000

krye

I've always been happy with them. I ordered my 17" MBP from them because they had a $150 rebate and a free printer after rebate. I also ordered an ipod from them.

14. GotPro macrumors 6502

I just wanted to weigh in on the whole "is it an issue / is it not an issue" with regards to the reboot on wake issue...

This is just MY personal opinion... But I don't see what the big deal is... It happened to me once... And I've simply set the machine to sleep the monitor but not the computer or drives... It doesn't use that much power, and it is certainly VERY quiet... So I changed it and just chose to forget it... This doesn't in any way affect the actual working of the computer, and now it comes alive even faster :p

I know that soon there will be a fix for it... And in the mean time I'm choosing to be happy and enjoy this beast and not sweat the small stuff... Just my viewpoint.

:)

15. krye thread starter macrumors 68000

krye

That's what I plan to do. I'll set the machine to sleep. If I find that I do have the RAW problem, then I won't let it sleep until an update is released. If I have the full-throttle fans after shutdown problem, then I'll just have to deal with that too until the update. Either way, the machine will still be the best computer I have ever owned!

16. krye thread starter macrumors 68000

krye

UPDATE! I got my tracking number on Saturday. The machine shipped. In 2 days I should be in Mac Pro heaven!

17. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

Congrats!! I just got my update today for prepared ship just for the nvidia 8800gt card! :D

18. krye thread starter macrumors 68000

krye

MacMall called to assure me that everything is going as planned and my Mac Pro will be delivered today. I already knew that because I've had my eye on the UPS tracking number since last Saturday!

Anyway, it's raining like crazy today and I'm at work. So hopefully UPS rings the door bell so my wife can bring it in rather than them just leaving it on the from porch like they usually do. I'd hate to get home to a sloppy-wet Mac Pro.

19. Soop53 macrumors regular

Soop53

I love it when someone gets excited about something they have purchased...i.e. my new Mac Pro and my 2 year old Harley.

I remember when I brought home the brand new Harley...two years ago. My friend stopped by to see it and stated his Kaw was less expensive and more powerful. Go figure.

IT IS AN EXPERIENCE!

So, no matter what others say, enjoy!:D

20. big dainjerus macrumors regular

I got $20 on it...but enjoy regardless. I hope it all works out let us know!

21. wesk702 macrumors 68000

wesk702

does an upgraded card really make a difference?
    I don't do video I just use it mainly for audio programs

22. krye thread starter macrumors 68000

krye

Errr! I'm so pissed! The tracking number says the driver attempted to deliver but no one was there to accept the package, That's bull since my wife has been home all day waiting for it! I just called UPS and they said they'll try and contact the driver to go back and try and deliver it today! They never even left one of those yellow tags. I bet the driver just didn't feel like lugging the 50 pound box out in the rain. Plus, I have had a ton of packages delivered and not once have I had to sign. It has always been left on the porch. Including my $2800 MBP. That was sitting on the porch when I got home. This of all times requires a signature!? Go figure.

23. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

that stinks. hopefully you'll get it today

24. krye thread starter macrumors 68000

krye

This is BS. UPS just called me back to tell me that they got in touch with the driver and he's out of the area. So no, he won't be coming back today. My wife has been home all day waiting for it. The UPS guy never rang the doorbell and didn't leave a yellow tag. I'm so freakin' mad right now. I know it's only 1 more day and I'm being a total baby, but why does UPS always drop the ball? Their drivers are such idiots.

25. krye thread starter macrumors 68000

krye

Yeah! UPS just dropped off my Mac Pro! I'm stuck at work so I'll have to wait until I get home. That's unless I (cough) come down (cough) with something and have to go home early! I'll have top start a new thread for the unboxing!