I did it - just bought my first iMac and switched from Windooze

Discussion in 'iMac' started by tom1971, Oct 27, 2007.

1. tom1971 macrumors 6502a

Hi community,

just wanted to let you know this is my first post from my brand new 24 inch white iMac.
    I set up my account in only a few minutes, I LOVE the big screen (i had a 17 inch screen before).
    I bought it at retailer here in Montreal for 1549 CAD (excluding taxes). They were so nice to exchange the old and bulky original keyboard with the new aluminum keyboard - the only thing I had to do was to pay the difference.

I have been waiting, contemplating, discussing, checking forums etc. for several months and finally I am really glad to have my new baby.

I will now sign up for the up-to-date program to get Leopard asap.

Cheers,

Tom

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

You will not be able to get the uptodate disk as it requires a serial number for a product meant to be sold after October 1st...

3. tom1971 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hm, they told me at the store that I would qualify. I tried it with my SN, but it would not work.
    I will call them and see what the problem is.

4. Tragedies macrumors 6502

If you bought your Mac after the 1st and have some proof of purchase and it doesn't include Leopard you should be able to get an upgrade disk.

5. gorby macrumors 6502

I believe you are wrong on that:

http://www.apple.com/macosx/uptodate/list.html

To OP: Congrats! I just ordered the same iMac. Would love to have the new keyboard though :eek:

6. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Congrats tom1971! I just bought my first Apple computer in August, and now I can't wait to replace my others and leave Windows behind forever.