I did it- Macbook, Touch, Printer, and Adobe CS3

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by jokun, Aug 28, 2008.

1. jokun macrumors member

Finally did it, after waiting and waiting and waiting. I couldn't wait anymore and bought the stupid thing. 2.4ghz MB, 8gb touch (which is gonna be sold as soon as I get the rebate), Canon printer, and CS3 Web Premium. The deals were too good to pass up. I can't believe Web Premium was only $300. I can't wait to get all of this stuff. I really wanted to wait but couldn't anymore, and honestly, despite what I've said before, I really couldn't care less now if a brand-spanking new MB is released in the next week or so. I hated paying the $2,000 up front, but it's not too bad knowing I'll get $400 right away and hopefully at least another $275 when I sell that touch. :D

2. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

Good choice and good deal. I'm sure you will enjoy the new toys.

3. isauce macrumors regular

isauce

Glad you are happy with your purchase. I am right now in the position to wait or buy the current Macbooks and take advantage of the offers. Oh god. :D

4. peeaanuut macrumors 65816

i sadly did not have the up front cash to put out th take advantage of the rebates so sadly I didnt get any extras last night But I got the blackbook so Im still happy.

congrats on the new purchase. New macs are fun.

5. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

congrats, enjoy! the rebates are done online now so you can sell the ipod in perfect condition (no UPC to cut). And the rebate checks come fast!

6. jokun thread starter macrumors member

Great, happy to hear it. I really didn't want to cut that box up. I think I may actually have a buyer at my job already, too :)

7. jokun thread starter macrumors member

Macbook should be arriving on Tuesday. I just bought the incase sleeve at BB with a gift card I 've had for a while. Feels like I just bought a crib for a new baby on the way.

8. winninganthem macrumors 6502a

winninganthem

9. jokun thread starter macrumors member

Got it yesterday afternoon. I LOVE that thing. The touch and Adobe package should be arriving today, and the printer tomorrow. Color me happy.

10. ankitsid macrumors member

thats awesome
    but you bought cs3?

isnt cs4 coming out at the end of this month?
    atleast i heard that unless i just read it wrong

11. Vulcan macrumors 65816

Vulcan

12. jeffuwee macrumors member

jeffuwee

Dang in so jealous haha I'm gonna get the same stuff soon hopefully haha grays on your toys :)

13. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

I turned my printer and iPod rebates in online on September 1 (holiday) and got both checks ($100 for the printer--even though it only cost $95--and $299 for the iPod) yesterday! I was amazed that it all came down in just five days.

14. jokun thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, but I wanted to make sure I bought my macbook while the B2S promo was still going on. That meant buying cs3 right now since it was only $300 with the purchase of a new mac, which I'm perfectly cool with. I'm familiar with it and I doubt the lab is going to upgrade to cs4 any time soon.

15. *Sandy* macrumors 6502

I am amazed i also got my refund so darn quick.

16. jokun thread starter macrumors member

Glad to hear they're coming in quick. I did my rebates on Thursday afternoon, so hopefully I'll have mine by the end of the week. I figure I'll have paid about $1,400 or so, w/ tax, for the macbook, printer, and Adobe after the rebates and selling the touch, so not a bad deal at all.