Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ansabakhan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 3, 2010
its been 20 minutes since i ordered my ipad and i have not received a confirmation email .... who else is in the same boat?

Travisimo

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2009
No e-mail here yet either, but I was able to do an order lookup and the order is definitely there. Probably just taking longer to process... I'm sure we'll get the confirmation e-mail soon.

EDIT: Just got my e-mail a minute ago!

InvalidBassist

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2008
Chicago
I wouldn't worry about it just yet, I'm sure that the servers are getting hammered right now which will delay the e-mails a bit.

admanimal

macrumors 68040
Apr 22, 2005
its been 20 minutes since i ordered my ipad and i have not received a confirmation email .... who else is in the same boat?

I received my confirmation for both my shipped order and in-store pickup order within about 5 minutes of doing it. Maybe check your spam folder, and then also log in to your Apple Store account and see if your order is listed. As long as it's listed with your account I wouldn't worry about the email yet.

ansabakhan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 3, 2010
I received my confirmation for both my shipped order and in-store pickup order within about 5 minutes of doing it. Maybe check your spam folder, and then also log in to your Apple Store account and see if your order is listed. As long as it's listed with your account I wouldn't worry about the email yet.

i get all email from apple otherwise ... its not in spam either ...:(

PsyD4Me

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2009
under your bed
No e-mail here yet either, but I was able to do an order lookup and the order is definitely there. Probably just taking longer to process... I'm sure we'll get the confirmation e-mail soon.

+1, however, the Apple store is experiencing a slow down right now, took forever to access my order status.

aarong50

macrumors regular
Aug 22, 2009
It took me about 25 minutes - but I was able to access the order immediately in my account history.

PsyD4Me

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2009
under your bed
so that means more of us are having trouble getting confirmation emails

just check your account for the order, as long as you have an order number, that's all that matters....
besides in my case i'm not really worried about shortages or missing out on the first shipment. I got the 64GB 3G model, and i think that there will be an initial supply/demand issue for the 32GB models

capitanbuzo

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2007
Haven't received mine either. Not worried though. I checked online under order status and it shows my order. Just sucks that the case will most likely not come til the 5th and the keyboard dock does not ship til mid April.

PsyD4Me

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2009
under your bed
btw: ordered @ 8:45, still no email, but as i said before i have my order number...
i think the Iphone 3GS pre-order has the same issue

JimmyTheKnife

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2010
Oregon, USA
50 Minutes

I just got my email confirmation - I ordered at about 5:35 and it just came in now at 6:25.

The servers are definitely under stress....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.