I didn't know u could do this!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by n8236, Sep 13, 2009.

1. n8236 macrumors 65816

I always thought u had to have iTunes open before you can press the "Play" button, but apparently not. So cool :cool:

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

3. S-Man macrumors regular

S-Man

Ummm, I don't think I got the memo..."Press Play"? The little 'play' button on the keyboard? Nothing happens when I press it.

4. glavoie84 macrumors regular

New with Snow Leopard? With Leopard, my 13" MBP didn't open iTunes automatically when pressing on the Play/Pause button. Now it does!

5. jointsmoking macrumors regular

Apple Remote?

Some of us have found that after 10.6 when we press the PLAY button on Apple Remote it opens I-Tunes. It sucks for those of us that use(d) Apple Remote for like Eye-TV or VLC. I'm glad someone found something good about it.

6. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Correct, and I certainly don't find that to be a feature, I think it's an annoyance and possibly a bug in SL that Apple overlooked. I have EyeTV and I use my iMac 24" as my main TV, I have to keep iTunes opened to the Store for the Apple remote not to interact with it. I hope this is just a bug and Apple fixes it.

7. sanPietro98 macrumors 6502a

sanPietro98

That's pretty cool. I didn't know you could do that. I can now save myself 1.34532 seconds from navigating to the Dock and clicking the icon!!!

Seriously.

8. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

WOW! Thanks for this! This is great! Now I just double-press the play button and iTunes just plays a random song!!!

I was just saying to my self no more than 5 minutes ago, "man I wish iTunes could just play a random song so I didn't have to find one to start with"

THANKS!

9. Corrode macrumors 6502a

Corrode

I doubt its a bug. My dell did that years ago. I guess Apple finally decided to add it to their keyboards. Good and bad I guess. Be better if there was an option to turn it on or off.

10. iZac macrumors 68000

iZac

I noticed this too the other day, I enjoy little surprises like this. Its particularly nice to be able to open iTunes blind when my *cough* xbox is running on the other input of the same monitor.

11. Kronie macrumors 6502a

Kronie

It doesn't automatically play though, just opens itunes. So if you want to play music you need to press play twice.