I didn't see the Public Beta 2 on my machine so I...

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by sniffs, Jul 24, 2015.

1. sniffs macrumors regular

sniffs

ran this,

sudo softwareupdate —set-catalog https://swscan.apple.com/content/ca...ion-snowleopard-leopard.merged-1.sucatalog.gz

I've heard about the El Capitan Beta's not showing up so I figured I'd run it but that probably hurt me even more in the long run because now I get the

"The operation couldn't be completed. (nsurlerrordomain error - 1012.)" popup on the App Store now..

so I ran sudo softwareupdate --clear-catalog but I still get the popup. Is there any way to get back to the Public Beta software update path? My 2010 Macbook air saw the Public Beta 2 update and installed it.. when I checked on my 2012 Macbook Pro it wasn't listed so thats when I started troubleshooting.

2. !!! macrumors 6502

!!!

Reinstall the public beta from the installer.

3. sniffs thread starter macrumors regular

sniffs

Will that cause me to lose anything?

4. redheeler macrumors 603

redheeler

No. Make sure you download the latest build from the App Store Purchases tab.

5. sniffs thread starter macrumors regular

sniffs

Well crap.. I saw someone posted the URL to the Beta 2 update along with the firmware update. So I applied both.. I'm now on Beta 2 but still getting that same popup in the App store.

Any ideas on what I should try now?

6. thebartonfox macrumors member

If you have a Time Machine backup from before you ran the command, you could try and replace the com.apple.SoftwareUpdate.plist at /Library/Preferences/ with the one from your backup. Probably best to close the Mac App Store first, and then reboot.

7. hojx macrumors 6502

hojx

That url is for Developer Betas.

For Public Betas, use https://swscan.apple.com/content/ca...ion-snowleopard-leopard.merged-1.sucatalog.gz instead.

8. tywebb13, Jul 24, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2015