i dont get it, iphone jailbreak 3g 8gb still random crash

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by lokster, Mar 11, 2010.

1. lokster macrumors 6502

lokster

ok i dont get it, i restored my iphone 3g to 3.1.3 using apple restore.

before i used snowbreeze and it crashed all the time randomly and it was bad. someone i think applejucied advised me to jailbreak through red snow, which i did and trust

i know using red snow means you use the 3.1.2 firmware on a 3.1.3 firmware and it will still work

alright ive re jailbroken my 3.1.3 with 3.1.2 firmware and now it still crashes but not as often and just as random :( i dont know whats wrong, should i return this iphone to apple store and get it changed to a new one? its just so so random. but not as bad as snowbreeze.

truth is i use edge alot and i use my iphone alot for calls and stuff, its been 5 months and this didnt happen when i was 3.1.2 and unlocked, i need my 5 dock and themes, and plugins

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

What do you mean it crashes?
    iPhone shuts off and restarts or apps crash back to the homescreen?

3. lokster thread starter macrumors 6502

lokster

iphone shuts off... i have to turn it on again.

last two crashes. was
    1. someone was calling and when i picked up iphone shut off. battery at 25%

2. i was trying to take a picture and it just shut off, battery at around 40%

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

It doesnt sound right.
    I never heard of JB iphones randomly shutting off.
    It might be a hardware issue.
    Restore it back to factory firmware and see if it does the same. If yes I'd suggest bringing it to Apple.

5. lokster thread starter macrumors 6502

lokster

i think il restore it and bring it to apple tomorrow =/ could be a hardware problem my ipod touch 2nd gen has never crashed at all

6. lokster thread starter macrumors 6502

lokster

ok it is a hardware problem because i reformated it clean and after using it for a bit i just did the 'slide to unlock' and it turned off lol the screen was still like stuck on lockscreen but the iphone was off so definitely a hardware problem, hope the apple genius guy can see that :eek: