I don't get it, Safari never crashes for me

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ferris23, Aug 28, 2008.

1. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

I keep reading complaints of Safari crashing etc. I use it A LOT and never once have I had an issue with it crashing. How can results be so different from phone to phone?

2. pj rage macrumors 6502

That IS strange. I don't know anyone on 2.0+ that doesn't have it crash.

Maybe we are defining crash differently? I define crash as, I didn't click the home button, but safari closes itself and kicks me out to the homepage. Then, there is no record of the page I was just viewing in the location bar or history.

3. aristobrat macrumors G4

Everyone visits different websites is the majority of it, I think.

4. heehee macrumors 68020

heehee

Basically what he said. It crashes when I load picture intensive sites.

5. whooleytoo macrumors 603

whooleytoo

I've never had Safari crash on me either. Had plenty of issues with other apps (yes Aurora Feint, Mobile News, Crash Bandicoot, Monkey Ball etc. I'm looking at ye!), but Safari for me has been rock solid.

I use it pretty often too.

6. pj rage macrumors 6502

My safari would never crash if I restarted the phone every time before I used it. It seems that the more apps I've opened since the last restart, the more likely that any app (including safari) is to crash when using it.

I suppose if I never did anything besides use the phone portion, read some emails, send the occasional text, and then use safari, it might never crash. But sprinkle in some opening of other apps, and downloading some apps, etc, and now you're talking crash city.

7. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

I suspect Safari crashes happen in tandem with other app usage. I get more crashes after switching from Mail or SMS to Safari and trying to load a page of images. If you don't text or email much, you might be less prone to Safari crashes. Just a hunch.

8. wolfpackfan macrumors 68000

Safari crashes all the time for me. Doesn't seem to be any pattern. I only have three apps installed. I'll be browsing a long and then all of a sudden I'm taken back to the home screen. Weird.

9. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

My definition of a "crash" as well.

10. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I am using 2.0.2 on a 1st gen iPhone and have never had Safari crash as you have described.

11. vrflyer macrumors 6502

vrflyer

Try going onto AT&T Wireless page and select/de-select a few things (options) and kablaaam0! :D

12. calculus Guest

calculus

You could keep taking it back to the shop until you get one that does crash...

13. wagbass macrumors newbie

wagbass

my week 27 iPhone has been nothing but perfect. No crashes of any sort, no back up problems, no dropped calls, no 3G problems, no push or mail problems and no sync problems. I'm thinking of taking it back :)