Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Danwagon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2015
Hey. I'm currently running iOS 9.1 beta on my iPhone 6. 2 weird things I hate.
1. Upon starting my phone Touch ID starts the Apple Pay screen.
2. No noise for Siri. She talks but no beep.
I want to leave the beta and just download normal iOS 9 but will I have to go back to iOS 8.4 with hooking my iPhone to iTunes? What if I only have backups with betas attached to them?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Are you double pressing the home button when you are trying to unlock the phone? There's a new shortcut to go to the Wallet (which you can disable if you want) when you double press the home button when the phone is locked.

As for Siri, the flow was changed so that on the phones it doesn't make an audible sound (unless you are connected to it via headphones or Bluetooth for example).

Reactions: aristobrat

TheRemix18

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2015
Restore from iphone 6 as I am getting a new 6s next week anyway. Don't want to go through the whole set up for 1 week.

Danwagon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2015
A ha. That explains why I can only hear the noise on my head phones. Thanks! I'm not double pressing the home button to access the phone. Just placing my finger there to wake it. It acts like I'm using it for Apple Pay.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
A ha. That explains why I can only hear the noise on my head phones. Thanks! I'm not double pressing the home button to access the phone. Just placing my finger there to wake it. It acts like I'm using it for Apple Pay.
Interesting. Are you by an NFC terminal of some sort where it might think you are trying to pay? Sounds unlikely that it would even do that, but who knows. Might be worth disabling that Wallet shortcut in settings too in case it might be affecting it all in some way.

Danwagon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2015
Your phone thinks you are.

Like C DM mentioned, you can turn that off in Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay > Double-Click Home Button
Cool. I switched that double click thing off and it seemed to work.
With Siri not making that noise it still vibrates twice when using it in silent mode.

Reactions: aristobrat
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.