I don't get whether Verizon or Apple is responsible for warranty issues

jekjones1558

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 27, 2010
I am having very odd issues with my iPhone 6. I have been able to fix most (not all) of the Bluetooth issues. I have not been able to fix USB issues in my car. I did not install 8.0.1 but had problems installing 8.0.2 and had to do a factory restore when the download failed to install. This is the first time I have had an updating problem in all my years of updates. Today I tried to reply to a post I made on an Apple Support forum using my iPhone. The reply buttons won't work (yes, I was logged in). When I tried to start a new thread the typing in the new post field was invisible. I thought perhaps SwiftKey was corrupt so I deleted that with no change.
I am starting to think that there is something funky with my iPhone 6 hardware. I preordered from Verizon online and added Applecare over the phone on the same day my phone was delivered. I have an appointment at the genius bar tomorrow after work but if a hardware issue is suspected, would I need to go back to Verizon for replacement? I usually order from Apple but I was switching to Edge and adding a couple of lines and couldn't figure out how to do that online. And would any replacement phone be a NEW phone or a return/refurb?
Thanks for any help. I guess I am spoiled because I am used to my Apple products just working. Even though the size of the iPhone 6 is perfect for me, I am beginning to miss the reliability of my old iPhone 5.

boxermansr

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2011
El Paso, TX
Apple can replace it if it needs to be. I'd imagine this early on, it would be with a new device, but generally it'd be with a refurbished one (but again since they're still so new they likely don't have refurb's yet)

jekjones1558

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 27, 2010
Thanks for the info. Now if the genius can just be a REAL genius I will be golden just like my iPhone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.