I don't get whether Verizon or Apple is responsible for warranty issues

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jekjones1558, Sep 28, 2014.

1. jekjones1558 macrumors 6502

I am having very odd issues with my iPhone 6. I have been able to fix most (not all) of the Bluetooth issues. I have not been able to fix USB issues in my car. I did not install 8.0.1 but had problems installing 8.0.2 and had to do a factory restore when the download failed to install. This is the first time I have had an updating problem in all my years of updates. Today I tried to reply to a post I made on an Apple Support forum using my iPhone. The reply buttons won't work (yes, I was logged in). When I tried to start a new thread the typing in the new post field was invisible. I thought perhaps SwiftKey was corrupt so I deleted that with no change.
    I am starting to think that there is something funky with my iPhone 6 hardware. I preordered from Verizon online and added Applecare over the phone on the same day my phone was delivered. I have an appointment at the genius bar tomorrow after work but if a hardware issue is suspected, would I need to go back to Verizon for replacement? I usually order from Apple but I was switching to Edge and adding a couple of lines and couldn't figure out how to do that online. And would any replacement phone be a NEW phone or a return/refurb?
    Thanks for any help. I guess I am spoiled because I am used to my Apple products just working. Even though the size of the iPhone 6 is perfect for me, I am beginning to miss the reliability of my old iPhone 5.

2. boxermansr macrumors 6502

boxermansr

Apple can replace it if it needs to be. I'd imagine this early on, it would be with a new device, but generally it'd be with a refurbished one (but again since they're still so new they likely don't have refurb's yet)

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

All replacement and warranty issues and applecare is provided by the manufacturer of your phone. Apple.
    Not your wireless provider.

4. jekjones1558 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the info. Now if the genius can just be a REAL genius I will be golden just like my iPhone.