I don't have a phone. Is it worth to wait for the iphone7?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by FallenLegend, Jun 19, 2016.

1. FallenLegend macrumors member

FallenLegend

My old 3GS was destroyed and I'm looking forward to save for a new phone. Thing is that the new iPhone 7 isn't so far away and even I think they would lose value if I bought one right one.

I'm mostly crossing my fingers that the 6s will cost as the 6 costs right now.

Do you think it's worth the wait?

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

If you need a phone now, buy one now. The 6 and 6s are great phones. I mean, you're coming from a 3GS. An iPhone 5 would be a huge upgrade.

3. M. Gustave macrumors 68000

M. Gustave

If you don't have a phone currently, and can wait for the next iPhone release, then by definition you don't need a phone at all.

4. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

Whatever you buy now you can always sell afterwards. Go for the one you can afford today.

5. bodonnell202 macrumors 6502a

bodonnell202

Can you live without a phone for that long? If so do you need a phone at all? Are you keen on getting a phone with a bigger screen? Coming from a 3GS an iPhone SE would still feel like a huge upgrade and is a pretty good value.

6. now i see it macrumors 65816

The iPhone SE just came out and won't be updated for at least another year. Lots of people have gotten rid of their 6Ss and "upgraded" to the SE.

For many people, a smaller phone is the upgrade.
    The iPhone 7 will be bigger than the SE and is rumored to be roughly the same size as the 6S.

If you want a smaller phone, now's the time. If you can wait till fall, wait.

7. Howyalikdemapls macrumors 6502

I personally wouldn't be able to wait 3 months without any phone at all, but if you're coming from a 3GS, you can pick up a replacement 3GS off Swappa for like $37 to hold you over until September.

8. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

I was in your situation and ended up buying a used iPhone 6.

9. Kobbr macrumors regular

Sounds to me like you don't even need a smart phone