I don't have Airport configuration in iOS 5 b2- anyone else?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by HawaiiMacAddict, Jun 24, 2011.

1. HawaiiMacAddict macrumors 6502a

Aloha everyone,

I got really excited about the possibility of controlling my Airport Extreme via my iPhone, vice lugging my MacBook Pro out just to tweak a couple of settings. I saw the screenshot from BGR where, in the WiFi settings screen, a new entry appeared for Airport configuration. As soon as beta 1 rolled out, I got it, but didn't have that functionality. I installed iOS 5 b2 today, but STILL don't have it. For those of you with this functionality, how did you get it? Did you have to tweak some setting somewhere on your iPhone? I fail to understand why I, a paid-up member of the iOS development program, can't seem to get that bit of functionality when other developers can. Am I missing something here? Any assistance in this matter will be greatly appreciated.

2. haruhiko macrumors 601

haruhiko

Neither do I. This function seems to be only for an initial set up of the AirPort routers... I hope that they will build in a full AirPort Utility to the iPhone though... at that point I will bite the bullet and buy an AirPort Express for my travel use.