I don't have clue !

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Jinja777, Aug 16, 2014.

1. Jinja777 macrumors newbie

Please can someone help me.
    I have a MacBook Pro running Mavericks and have got problems I simply don't understand.
    1) tried to list my car on swapz and keep getting a CSRF Token invalid message.
    2) cannot turn on my firewall
    3) cannot connect to App Store

+ whatever I haven't discovered yet.
    I use bit torrent and tried using torrent room yesterday, but it kept redirecting me and downloading some Mplayer or something. I dumped the downloads in the trash but not before trying to unpack it.
    Now I'm paranoid that I'm being hacked or something so I've disconnected the wifi to it.

I apologise for my utter tech ignorance but I really need some help and don't want to get rinsed by some high street money grabbing computer guy.

2. Lunfai macrumors 65816

Lunfai

1) There might be a problem with the site or browser. Try another browser like Google Chrome.
    2) Firewall can be enabled by going to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Firewall > (Bottom left corner is a lock, click it and type in your password to unlock the setting) Now you can turn the firewall on and off.
    3) Are you trying to access the AppStore with the Wi-Fi off? What seems to be the problem?

You're using torrents site, they have all sorts of tricks that might fool an average consumer. Steer clear and use magnet links.

3. Jinja777 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks

Thanks for the advice,
    Have engaged the firewall now and connected wifi. Running ClamXAV as a precaution. May have panicked over nothing but still appreciate the help. I really need to learn about macs, I prefer them but don't understand them. Too used to Microsoft. Looks like these forums are gonna be my new home for a while.
    My thanks again.